mark banded 11/29

markc

Were you getting pre ops done on 11/28 - and your wife was there with you? she is pregnant? I was there to get a fill but hadn't said anything - I sat by myself and listened to the others chatting - another girl was there to get a fill also her father was with her ---her name was lily his was george ---

hope everything is going well for you

Im hoping to find out how my co-patients are doing that had surgery the same day as I did.

This is Mark from Mississippi.

Hey Mark

It's Tamy (banded the same day)

How are you? I am doing well. I had a hell of a painful 2 days with pain near my port, but that is starting to go away. How are you doing?

Im hoping to find out how my co-patients are doing that had surgery the same day as I did.

This is Mark from Mississippi.

HI Mark :)

Sue O'Connor from New York here, we met in the hotel restaurant. How are you doing? Let me know how things are going for you.

I am doing well, started liquid soup and milk today. All of this is a challenge but I'm coping pretty well. So far have lost about 7 lbs., YAY!

Say HI to your wife also.

PS- HI tamy!

Regards, Sue

Hi Tamy, Hi Susan,

Im glad to know you are both doing well, I am too. I have lost about 16 lbs so far, I havent been hungry really but miss the taste and act itself of eating ALOT!

What have you guys been having to drink ie eat? Any new ideas to break the monotony?

Ive been draining the broth out of soups to get different tastes, smoothies made with lactaid, fruit, and protein powder. Frozen fruit juice bars.

Keep in touch!

Mark

Hi Tamy, Hi Susan,

Im glad to know you are both doing well, I am too. I have lost about 16 lbs so far, I havent been hungry really but miss the taste and act itself of eating ALOT!

What have you guys been having to drink ie eat? Any new ideas to break the monotony?

Ive been draining the broth out of soups to get different tastes, smoothies made with lactaid, fruit, and protein powder. Frozen fruit juice bars.

Keep in touch!

Mark

Mark,

My father and I are both going through the pre-surgery appointments, have been to two support groups and another next week. The longer it takes the more my father questions if he should do it or not. I told him I am going through with it, at 37 I have a lot of years left (hopefully) and I can't think of anything I could do that would make me happier than being more active and healthy! He on the other hand had a severe heart attack when he was 51 and has 1/3 that remains undamaged, the rest is scar tissue. He wonders if he should procede because he really enjoys eating, almost up to 300 lb's now. He needs to hear some positive feedback from someone. Sounds like you miss the "act" of eating and the taste of your favorite foods that are now behind you. He has exceded his life expectancy by about 8 years so the doctors said. He has proven them wrong so far, I feel like it could only add on additional years for him but I don't want to tell him to go for it and then have him be misserable because of it.

Would you advise him to go for it as a personal opinion? Is it really that bad of a sacrifice or a lifestyle change? I would think the rewards are worth it? Let me know what you think.

Merideth

Hi Mark,

I haven't been doing anything interesting dietwise, anyway on Dec 21st we can start eating solid food, YAY!!!

What I've been living on is Chocolate protein powder with 1% milk that I doctor up with a half banana, half teaspoon of Folgers decaf coffee and a teaspoon of diet swiss miss hot chocolate added to liven up the taste, campbell's healthy choice soups, liquefied if necessary, sugar free popcilcles, and lots of water and juice. also gnc liquid vitimans. I like your idea of protein powder and fruit, never thought of it d'oh,lol.

Merideth

The acting of eat actually eating regular food is only denied for about 22 days, then you can begin regular food according to the Doctor's guidlines of course. Don't let us talking about the somewhat challenging liquid phase we are in right now scare you or your Dad, also each Doctor has different diet protocols.

Talk to you later Sue

• 1 month later...