On day 6 of Post Op Diet

Jody

I don't find it hard or challenging to follow the post op diet. I realize that for the most part this week, that I am not actually hungry. I feel my blood sugar drop and I feel like blah, so I eat and then I feel fine!

I am excited about cream soups. I can't wait to have tomato soup!!!

What do you think about this soup I used to make in the winter time. Its a potato, cheddar cheese and leek soup.

I just boil the potatoes and leeks until super soft, the put in the blender the potato, leek, water from the boiling, and some cheddar cheese and blend. It purees into a soft soup. Same with broccoli and cheese.

Can I eat that? I know its not healthy, and thankfully, a few spoonfuls will fill me.

I could only consume 1/4 cup at most so I was blending and watering down potato bacon soup... I know it was higher in calories but it really helped me with energy, and headaches I was having post op.

Hi Jody,

I had my plication on Feb 20th. I have just started cream soups. I can only eat about 3oz. I like Campbell's butternut squash soup that comes in a box and the soup at hand Creamy tomato. I am going to the store today to see what they have. I may try split pea soup. Make the soup and try it. You can always freeze it for next week if it is too heavy. Good luck.

• 8 months later...