9 weeks post up and weight gain !! help!!!

I had my plication surgery 9 weeks ago.

The first week was hard for me. But then started feeling better. After 4 weeks post op I went to see my doc for my post op and had lost close to 10lbs. Which I was happy, I thought it be more but was grateful for that amount.

Doc told me that my weighloss would be super slow due to my genes, body and metabolism. And I'm ok with the slow loss.

But im now frustrated, angry, disappointed, sad, depressed because I am 9 weeks post op and haven't lost any weight. As a matter of fact I gained!!!

I've gained 4.5lbs!!! What the heck!! I'm suppossed to loose weight! Not gain! Grrrrrr

I must say that my thighs and hips, and face look thinner. I've had some people say I look smaller from the waist down. But how come I don't see it on the scale!!!???

Anyone gone through this?

Should I be worried?

Could there be something wrong with my plication?

Is this normal?

Will I see the weight come off eventually?

Is it a matter of time??

:'(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry for your frustration!!! I had my plication on May 7th and haven't lost anything for 2 weeks and I am also frustrated. If you get any hints or progress please share and I will do the same. I have E-mailed the nutrisionist maybe they will have some ideas. Keep plugging away and don't be discouraged:) Good Luck!!!

• Like 1

Fluffy,

I hope since your last message you are doing better. If your open maybe you can give some more information, such as what did you start eating / drinking after the surgery and for how long? Are you eating and drinking at the same time or giving the allotted time in between? What do your meals and drinks along with portions consist of now? By sharing your experience maybe other members can help navigate with advice while you are on your journey.

Thank you,

Holly

I'm sorry for your frustration!!! I had my plication on May 7th and haven't lost anything for 2 weeks and I am also frustrated. If you get any hints or progress please share and I will do the same. I have E-mailed the nutrisionist maybe they will have some ideas. Keep plugging away and don't be discouraged:) Good Luck!!!

Hello, My Plication is July 5th. I was wondering how the two of you are doing now that it has been awhile? I'm so nervous and I would love to know what your progress is.

Sincerely,

Melissa

MissiD,

I think I have lost only about 7 lbs. My doc warned me numerous times that my weighloss would be super slow, but didn't think it be so slow. It seems as if my body doesn't want to leave weight (number) but I feel wonderful, no pain or complications thank God!

I do feel thinner and see the difference in my hips and thighs they are way smaller and my double chin is almost gone. People who haven't see me in a couple months tell me they see the difference in my face and.lower body. I just wished the scale would move. But I guess only time will tell and according to my doc my metabolism is as slow as a snail and it will take twice as long as everyone else.

So I'm just playing the waiting game hoping that in time it will go down.

:)

Thank You fluffy, I'm glad to hear your doing well. Hang in there it will come off.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure you want the weight to come off more than a pound a week, your skin would sag and you would just need another surgery. My girlfriend and I went down together for our surgery in May and she joined weight watchers, I didn't and we both have lost about 16 pounds. I found that salty food makes you hold water, so no salt if you are paying attention to the numbers on the scale.