Parking at the Border

Dolittle

I'll be travelng alone when I go in July for my Lap Band to Sleeve revision. I'll have a rental car and need to find a place to park it for a few days. Has anyone used those pay parking lots at the border? Can you tell me and other future patients your experiances?

I don't know about the car but just wanted to say good luck with your revision. I love my sleeve!

Boy, we've parked at the border for the day but not overnight. GET RENTAL INSURANCE lol

(The daughter will be here this weekend, I'll ask her what people do)

Gloria at the OCC office gave me some info. There's a parking lot near the crossing that has CCTV and an attendent on duty 24/7 for $7 a day. She sent me a email with a map. Looks like it might be a winner.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dolittle,

I travel a lot across the border. I went to OCC on Monday and the border crossing has completely changed. As you are heading south, the parking lot on the right just before the border is the $7 lot. There are lots on the trolley sided, I do not know how secure they are. You have to walk across the border, towards the Trolley Station. One block past the Trolley Station, there is a walkway. You walk behind the businesses and to the "old" ramp/walkway. Up and back over to the side you started to catch your cab.

For the trip back, same as always but it was completely backed up with pedestrians, the line was easily 1- 1 1/2 hours. If I was having surgery, I would have preferred to pay for OCC shuttle. Maybe have OCC pick you up at airport. Why chance the rental car getting broken in to if your not using it??

Good luck.