Scared to death...sleeve surgery

I have research and thought about this surgery ( sleeve) for a year now. I have the money and the time to finally do the surgery. I should be overwhelmingly over joyed right... Not so much! I've become so frightened, no matter how many YouTube videos I watch the fear is over powering me. Fear of failure, fear of losing my security blanket called "fat" , my relationship with food is a big one, and fear of change. My heart hurts. I know I should be happy but I'm terrified. This is all making me see the negative hold that food has had on me for over20 years. Please help.

I have research and thought about this surgery ( sleeve) for a year now. I have the money and the time to finally do the surgery. I should be overwhelmingly over joyed right... Not so much! I've become so frightened, no matter how many YouTube videos I watch the fear is over powering me. Fear of failure, fear of losing my security blanket called "fat" , my relationship with food is a big one, and fear of change. My heart hurts. I know I should be happy but I'm terrified. This is all making me see the negative hold that food has had on me for over20 years. Please help.

It's a big step in your life. Change for some is very hard to do.... and this is a major lifestyle change. Don't feel your the only one thats went through this feeling. The surgery is easy and when that's done, you'll look back and wonder why you had all that anxiety. The best part is when the weight starts to fall off and you find yourself feeling a lot better about yourself. Think POSITIVE!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Vannie4 I can relate to what you are saying. I didn't want to give up being able to eat my favorite pizza and salad, or a big ole Mexican meal or that huge pasta dinner from my favorite Italian restaurant. it all gave me comfort. But I had to stop and ask myself, WHY do I ever need to be able to eat that much again? That's what got me in the shape/trouble I was in before my surgery. Now I'm down 58 pounds and my big old fat tshirts and capris that were tight on me are hanging! That is definitely worth changing my habits. It's definitely a life change and the tool I really needed to force me to make those changes that I couldn't make on my own. I know I can no longer eat my way to comfort. I think this mental image I have of my new stomach helps and I definitely don't want to mess it up at all! Best of luck in your decision. I agree with Dolittle......you will look back and wonder why you waited and had so much anxiety. I also think Dr. Ortiz is amazing! I am convinced his expertise is what makes the process so smooth for his patients!

• Like 1