Incision Question

:( He everyone.

I know that if there is ever a real problem I should call the doctor, the clinic or go to the hospital. But I have a couple of questions regarding the large incision. Today is day nine and it is still REALLY red and feels hard underneath. Is that the port? Right underneath the incision? It's also very tender to touch around the incision?

Anyone have anything like this?

I know that if there is ever a real problem I should call the doctor, the clinic or go to the hospital. But I have a couple of questions regarding the large incision. Today is day nine and it is still REALLY red and feels hard underneath. Is that the port? Right underneath the incision? It's also very tender to touch around the incision?

This sounds just like mine. The larger incision was the most sensitive for a month or so. Seems it was much better by the time I got my first fill. That is your port under there and I had a pretty good bump in the area, some are not as noticible, but it has continued to get better. Mine would hit the edge of my desk at work, so I was aware of it for awhile.

Roger

feels hard just under my incision standing, but when i lie down i feel the same thing about an inch below my incision. having been pregnant, to the touch it almost feels like a baby's foot! haha it's been a month for me and my incision is dark pink, but just the incision itself (not the surrounding area). i would definately talk to a doctor if you suspect your incision may be infected so you can start on antibiotics. "general" signs/symptoms of any infection can include: a fever higher that 100.5 degrees, redness, heat, swelling, pain, or fluid that is white, yellowish or greenish coming from your incision. hope this helps. :)

the port is actually not directly under the incision. Generally it is directly above or below the incision, this helps to prevent scar tissue from forming over the incision. You are feeling some extra fluid & scar tissue forming right under the incision.

If it becomes more painful, red or feels hot, you need to contact a doctor :)

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm really lucky, I was banded on 11/30 and my incision is almost completely healed. I was amazed that I was able to fly home on 12/2 (6.5 hours and 1.5 from the airport). Went grocery shopping on 12/3 and was back to work on 12/4. Guess I'm doing okay for an old broad!