Planning for surgery

Hi i am wondering about surgery how fast fo you lose and how long do you have to be on liquid and what do you do to not be so hungry? I weight 235 and am 5 foot even i would like to reach 135lbs has anyone startyed around that weight and lost to around that weight and if so do you have excess skin or did it go back? I am so anxious i can't hardley wait!! :ro

Hi Beanie

I was banded on April 6th 2004

I was 265 and I am 5'5

as of this morning Iam 175

90 lbs in a little over a year! Everyone's journey into this is so different, it is hard to comapre to others

Yes I have a little excess skin in my arms but nothing Iam too concerned about at this moment. It is nothing compared to how good I fell and the years I added on to my life by having the band.

I was on liquids for 2 weeks and it was not bad at all, it was the strangest thing, I was not even hungry during those 2 weeks, protein drinks during the full liquid phase will help with hunger.

Are you planning on having Dr. Ortiz as your surgeon? He and Dr. Martinez are the best surgeons out there in my opinion and so caring and knowledgeable and supportive.

Best of luck to you on your decision, for what it is worth, the band is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I LOVE MY BAND

Hi. I had my banding on Dec. 10, 2004 and have lost 41 lbs. so far. That averages to about 2 lbs. a week, which is good.

Other than that, I agree with everyting Shell said. I'm so happy with Drs. Ortiz & Martinez that I'm letting them band my 17.5 year-old daughter on May 27th!

Take Care'