Eating with Friends

reneek

Hello Ladies -

I have a new and interesting problem. It seems that every time I go and have lunch with friends I am eating so slow that I am actually drawing attention to myself. I don't want to announce to the world that I have had this surgery, but at the same time people are wondering what's wrong.

Any tips on this issue?

I am sure everyone is experiencing this and that we all know we cannot increase our speed in eating, but at the same time I am still eating 20 minutes after everyone has finished and people are wondering what is going on. Most of the time I just have the server box up my meal when everyone else is done, but I swear I've had like 5 bites.

What a odd problem I know. Just wondered what others were doing.... Any suggestions helpful.

Well, most of my friends are my age, 17 or 18 (aka the age of stupidity) so I can make up something random each time and they never notice. I just tell them I like the taste of food to last longer and it keeps you fuller alot longer if you eat slow. It's true for the most part, when we go out to eat everyone will be done. 4 hours later everyone else complains of being hungry, not I. Just make up something, and put "my nutritionist said......" in front of it, works everytime.

Hello Ladies -

I have a new and interesting problem. It seems that every time I go and have lunch with friends I am eating so slow that I am actually drawing attention to myself. I don't want to announce to the world that I have had this surgery, but at the same time people are wondering what's wrong.

Any tips on this issue?

I am sure everyone is experiencing this and that we all know we cannot increase our speed in eating, but at the same time I am still eating 20 minutes after everyone has finished and people are wondering what is going on. Most of the time I just have the server box up my meal when everyone else is done, but I swear I've had like 5 bites.

What a odd problem I know. Just wondered what others were doing.... Any suggestions helpful.

I do finish last, because I want to concentrate on chewing everything up well. My son, Kyle, however finishes way before me, but he also has had episodes, like today, he ate to fast and vomited. not good. I guess he will learn. I still eat way to much. I am eating pretty much what I ate before the first fill of 2cc for meals, I'm just not eating in-between meals because I do feel full until the next meal, especially drinking water. You could just say, you've had some stomach issues lately, which would be true, so your taking it easy. And then, after a while of saying that, you could say, since the stomach issues, I kept the habit of eating a lot slower, and since I feel full sooner, I'll be able to have the rest for dinner. Hope it helps. Teri

hi

you could tell them you are trying to trick your brain into believing that you have eaten enough. everyone knows it takes at least 20 minutes for the brain to get the "full signal" from the stomach. Tell them you are seeing if it works, like your own experiment, instead of dieting you are eating whatever you want just much slower to see if you can really eat less this way.

kim