My name Is Tatem, I'm new here.

Hi my name is tatem, I'm 16 years old and live in san diego california. I'm 310 pounds and i'm signing up for lap-band surgery. I'm curious as to how fast i am going to lose my weight, and just general facts about the whole procedure. I want to know how much you lost in the first three months, if it was very difficult to follow the plan, and i would love to see before and after photos.

I would appreciate any responces, Thanks!!!

Hi my name is tatem, I'm 16 years old and live in san diego california. I'm 310 pounds and i'm signing up for lap-band surgery. I'm curious as to how fast i am going to lose my weight, and just general facts about the whole procedure. I want to know how much you lost in the first three months, if it was very difficult to follow the plan, and i would love to see before and after photos.

Here you go, darl'en!

http://www.tracyslapband.com/pouch.htm

Hi Tatum. I wish I had done this as young as you. I had such low self esteem due to weight in my late teens that I made some terrible choices. I think the fact that you are doing this is great. Let me know if I can help you at all. You asked if it is hard....no it is not hard. Living as a fat person in a thin world is hard. Just tell yourself there are no other options but to do this the way it is intended. I am very proud of you.

I hope you have a good support system to help you through this. It may sound weird, but as we loose weight and are really happy. sometimes 'issues' rear their ugly little heads and we need to deal with them. Surround yourself with awesome people - you deserve it.

Hi tatem! I'm in San Diego too :) Great place to be this time of year! I'm 26 and 325 (UGH). I would be more then happy to talk to you about my experiences so far (pre-op, of course). If your insurance covers the surgery then I would recomend going to Scrpps Clinic Center for Weight Management in La Jolla. I did all the pre-op stuff there before finding out that my old insurance wouldn't cover bariatric surgery. I was planning to go to Dr. Ortiz, but now my new insurance covers it, but not through Scripps Clinic. Red tape - tell your parents to expect a few headaches along the way.

As for weight loss, it does vary, but they say that if you are losing a pound a week that you are doing good. Slow and steady and all that, right?

I would really recomend that you order Lap Band for Life (which is written by Dr. Ortiz - how I found this page). It clearly explains everything from the first day you start considering the process up through pre-op, surgery, post-op and "eating for life" type of stuff. It's very easy to read and pretty fast, but super super informative. I ordered mine on amazon, but you can also have it delivered to your local barnes and noble or borders.