Surgery 6/10/05

Hi everyone,

I am 20years old and Im being band on 6/10 God willing. Is there anyone out there having surgery on this date? Also, how long is the surgery? How long should I wait before I can go to a theme park such as Universal Studios? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Claudia =0)

:D I love theme parks...................

Actually, I have been researching this surgery for the last few months, posssibly more than a year. I am calling tomorrow to do a consultation, possibly, scheduling a surgery date. Maybe I can have it the same date with you. I am 25 years old and I have been struggling with my weight for about 20 years. You're so lucky that you're doing it now.

e-mail me at randyomar@aol.com.

I have some questions that if someone can aswered I am going to be very happy

1. When d you know that you need a fill ?

2. How many times you need to go back for a fill ?

3. Does Tijuana has a system that accepts insurance or everything needs to be cash.

Regards,

Randy

I suggest getting Dr. Ortiz's book. All those questions and then some are answered. I found it very helpful. Also see the post I did giving some good researching sites.

No, Mexico does not do insurances at all. yes, everything is done in cash or bank cashiers check.

usually 6-12 weeks after surgery is when most people get their first fill but it all depends on the person. I have known people with the band for almost a year and have never had a fill and are doing great. most people need the fill though I would presume.

How many fills also depends on you and your body. It is very individual.

Thank you for the support guys! Each day that passes I feel more and more comfortable with the idea of the surgery even though I know I'll be super nervous when I get there. Hey Randy, it'll be pretty cool if we can meet up for the surgery! Email me if you like, wishy101@yahoo.com Take care everyone! I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Claudia =0)

Hi Wishy101,

Just got back yesterday from having surgery on Thursday and feeling fine! Try not to be too nervous. I sat down and talked with Dr. Ortiz shortly before I had the surgery - what a great guy! He was very informative and very pleasant to talk with. He told me surgery is approx. 1 hour long from start to finish, and most patients are up and walking around within 2 hours after waking up. Expect some gas and mild discomfort but EVERYONE I talked with who had surgery Wed or Thurs couldn't believe how great they felt after just having surgery. Walking around is highly suggested some of us went into town to shop at the market. Today is Sunday and I still have some gas and my port incision burns a little but other than that I feel great. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

Hi Claudia,

I'll also be having surgery on June 10th. And I'm also from Florida. I'll be coming

from the Tampa area. Now that the date is coming up quickly, I'm really getting excited. Hope you have a good flight out and I look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,

Tonya