NEW TO THIS GROUP

HELLO EVERYONE.. I AM NEW TO THIS GROUP. I JUST FOUND VIA THE INTERNET. I HAVE BEEN IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY LAP BAND.. JUST RETURNED HOME FROM OUR MONTHLY SUPPORT GROUP MEETING. APPOINTMENT WITH SURGEON IS NEXT WEEK. ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD ADVICE ON PROTEIN DRINKS? I DO NOT LIKE REALLY SWEET STUFF AND ALL THE "SHAKES" ARE TOO SWEET. AND IF I CAN SMELL IRON OR VITAMINS... IT WON'T WON'T MAKE IT DOWN WITHOUT GAGGING RELEX.... "UNJURY" I UNDERSTAND HAS A NONFLAVORED POWDER THAT CAN ME MIXED IN WITH BASICALLY ANYTHING. ANY ADVICE?? OR STORIES TO PASS ALONG TO A NEWBIE??

HELLO EVERYONE.. I AM NEW TO THIS GROUP. I JUST FOUND VIA THE INTERNET. I HAVE BEEN IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY LAP BAND.. JUST RETURNED HOME FROM OUR MONTHLY SUPPORT GROUP MEETING. APPOINTMENT WITH SURGEON IS NEXT WEEK. ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD ADVICE ON PROTEIN DRINKS? I DO NOT LIKE REALLY SWEET STUFF AND ALL THE "SHAKES" ARE TOO SWEET. AND IF I CAN SMELL IRON OR VITAMINS... IT WON'T WON'T MAKE IT DOWN WITHOUT GAGGING RELEX.... "UNJURY" I UNDERSTAND HAS A NONFLAVORED POWDER THAT CAN ME MIXED IN WITH BASICALLY ANYTHING. ANY ADVICE?? OR STORIES TO PASS ALONG TO A NEWBIE??

To be honest I couldn't find anything that I could handle for the first two weeks. I thought it was all gross. However, what I don't like others do. You'll just have to try a few and see what you like.

I didn't do it right, I finally waited out the two weeks and then went on to Atkins Shakes after week #3. I'm not suggesting that, I'm just saying that is what I finally did. I still struggle to get in all the protein requirements.

Hello Sharon,

I am also new to the group. I am scheduled to get banded on 02/02/07 and am very excited. Please share any good advice you get regarding post-op weeks 1 & 2. =D>

Hey Sharon,

I have no advice on the protein shakes, as I love them all, or most of them. But I did want to say welcome and tell you to look around on the newly banded section. There are some really helpful posts concerning exactly what the surgery was like and what to expect.

I was banded on Aug. 28th, and you can read about my experience there also.

Good luck,

Becki

You said that on Saturday when I saw you, but since I ended up with a 30 hour day some things are a little fuzzy. Where do you get them, I've never seen them at the store. I know you told us, but I'm having a senior moment (I'd say blonde moment, but I'm not blonde anymore)! I really haven't had any problem with any of them. The chocolate is a little too heavy for me, but if I cut it with a vanilla and save the other half it's okay. I've used the EAS AdvantEdge, Slim Fast and Atkins. As long as I have ice and a straw they are pretty good.

You said that on Saturday when I saw you, but since I ended up with a 30 hour day some things are a little fuzzy. Where do you get them, I've never seen them at the store. I know you told us, but I'm having a senior moment (I'd say blonde moment, but I'm not blonde anymore)! I really haven't had any problem with any of them. The chocolate is a little too heavy for me, but if I cut it with a vanilla and save the other half it's okay. I've used the EAS AdvantEdge, Slim Fast and Atkins. As long as I have ice and a straw they are pretty good.

i ordered samples from unjury.com they have different flaovors but i figured the non flavored would really be non flavored... not!!!

Hi, I am new too to this forum. I was banded on Nov 16th. :-h