Are there payment plans or charity out there?

Hi all,

I have come to a dead end and have not way of coming up with the money to have Lap Band surgery. I have tried financing twice with and without a co-signer. My credit is obscenely bad and noone will touch me with a ten foot pole. I was even willing to go ahead with trying to get the surgery with my insurance through my employer. Well, that hit a brick wall. There is a strict exclusion and will never be allowed.

I am desperate here. I want so badly to have this surgery THIS year! I want the experience that you all have had and traveling to a great place as well. Unless I have a rich relative that will loan it to me or win the lottery, I am so out of luck.

Does anyone know of a place that will take payments over time or some kind of charity that would help someone that is in need of this surgery? Just a wild out there kinda thought... :rolleyes:

Thanks and happy health to all!

Judy

I think the reason no one has responded yet is that, nope, it's not out there :( Of course, you could try calling up Discovery Health and telling them that if they pay for the surgery that you'll let them follow you around with a camera for three years, lol.

I was in your same position last year (I have good credit, but no collateral, which is just as bad in the end), but thankfully my office changed insurance providers this year and I will be able to get the band done after 6 months of red tape. I also wish I was going to Dr. Ortiz instead, but at least I won't end up $10k in debt at the end of the journey. Good luck with everything!

Hi all,

I have come to a dead end and have not way of coming up with the money to have Lap Band surgery. I have tried financing twice with and without a co-signer. My credit is obscenely bad and noone will touch me with a ten foot pole. I was even willing to go ahead with trying to get the surgery with my insurance through my employer. Well, that hit a brick wall. There is a strict exclusion and will never be allowed.

I am desperate here. I want so badly to have this surgery THIS year! I want the experience that you all have had and traveling to a great place as well. Unless I have a rich relative that will loan it to me or win the lottery, I am so out of luck.

Does anyone know of a place that will take payments over time or some kind of charity that would help someone that is in need of this surgery? Just a wild out there kinda thought... :rolleyes:

Judy

Hi all,

Judy

Dr. Carlos in Tijuana will let you pay some up front and the rest on payments.. Go to Bajanor.com