Side effects....

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem after surgery..I have become a complete gas factory....this hs been un pleasant to say the least!! and I have not lost any weight....I have followed the after care pretty much and even had one fill still..iam wondering if this was worth it. also I feel the after care is well a big disapontment when i went for my fill I hardly spoke with the dr. and it was like a cattle call i waited with 5 others and it was real quick plus dr. M seemed very stressed over the whole thing. maybe they are seeing too many people for fills with no time to discuss anything...if anyone has had this same thoughts or feelings I would like to hera from you.thanks

Bellagato,

I've had several fills and 2 unfills with Dr. Martinez and I have found the aftercare quite the opposite of what you say was your experience. It might seem like a cattle call to you but it is a day set aside just for fills. Every time I have been there Dr. Martinez has been very thorough and spent quite a bit of time going over whatever my symptoms might be, what my diet has been consisting of and how he wants me to care for the current fill. Every appt. is allotted at least 30 minutes and the only people that I felt was in a hurry were the patients. The only stress I've noticed with Dr. Martinez is from having to wear that hot heavy lead apron all day. Sometimes he has had to take a moment to cool off. That thing protects him from the flouro but it makes him sweat profusely. I am very satisfied and appreciate his care. :D

Hi Bellagato, Iam so sorry to hear you feel this way. I have been down to see Dr.Ortiz & Martinez a half dozen times in the last 14 months for fills, check-ups etc..I have had the best aftercare. They have always taken their time with me and answered any questions I had. I even met Dr. Ortiz in his office on his day off when it was closed because I was having a problem and he was nice enough to see me on his day off and checked my band under the flouro machine, prescribed me some meds for my esophagus. I think they are fantastic and I never feel rushed nor do I ever sense Dr. martinez is frustrated.

thanks to everyone who responded back to me I do appreciate that! however has anyone not lost weight and had to have more than 2 fills to get it right and what about the gas issue is anyone having thses probelms?? and by the way I never said that I did not like the docs or think they are nice..it is quite the opposite!! I would not have hd my surgery done there if I thought differently! thanks for listening! :(

Gas issue is something you may have to get used to, it was the same for me, I never have been so gassy as I have been since I got the band 14 months ago, the band becomes a one way valve which is why there is more gas, I find when I lie around I have mnore gas, I try to keep active and it does help, also if you chew gun that wil lproduce more gas, and if you drink through a straw that will produce more gas, once we had thesurgery we became air swalowers more so then before the band since we have ot chew chew chew we swallow much more air then before. These are the answers I got from Martinez when I asked him about the gas.