I'm Baaaackk!!

Hello everyone,

I disappeared for a while there, almost 5 months!

I have had a crazy and stressful past few months after getting banded. Its safe to say that I'm at the lowest point of my life now and its not looking any better. But, I finally scheduled some time locally and got in for my initial fill Tuesday (1/30). My weight loss is still holding well though. I thought I put on some extra pounds but i guess the stress helped with that. My initial fill was 3cc's and i don't feel any restriction yet but we'll see when i start back up on semi solids tomorrow.

Hope everyone has been doing well!

Dave

Hello everyone,

I disappeared for a while there, almost 5 months!

I have had a crazy and stressful past few months after getting banded. Its safe to say that I'm at the lowest point of my life now and its not looking any better. But, I finally scheduled some time locally and got in for my initial fill Tuesday (1/30). My weight loss is still holding well though. I thought I put on some extra pounds but i guess the stress helped with that. My initial fill was 3cc's and i don't feel any restriction yet but we'll see when i start back up on semi solids tomorrow.

Hope everyone has been doing well!

Dave

HI dave.. well i didnt know you before but interested in knowing more about your journey. How has your eating been since you got banded. and are you going to TJ for the fill. I am not banded.. I do not meet the BMI for USA.. i want to drop about 50-80 pounds.. I may look into this after we have a child since that is my priority GOD WILLING.. and hopefully using this as a tool post- baby :)

HI dave.. well i didnt know you before but interested in knowing more about your journey. How has your eating been since you got banded. and are you going to TJ for the fill. I am not banded.. I do not meet the BMI for USA.. i want to drop about 50-80 pounds.. I may look into this after we have a child since that is my priority GOD WILLING.. and hopefully using this as a tool post- baby :)

Hello!

My eating after the banding was minimal at first then gradually ended up being able to eat what i wanted (I've never pb'd) and almost as much as i used to eat before the banding. For some reason, I've held off the weight though and decided to get my first fill 5 months after being banded as i want to lose more weight still. I just didn't have the time to or right frame of mind to do it any earlier.

I had my fill done locally here in Colorado as I dont have the time or money to go get my fill done in TJ. My Initial fill cost only $200 locally and will drop to $125 every one after that. Overall, i still definitely recommend Dr. Ariel Ortiz and his staff, they are great and I've had no problems.

Hey Dave,

How are you? I've been wondering about you and how you were doing. I was hoping to get in touch with everyone banded the same day as us sometime soon and check up on everyone. Glad you are back, but sorry to hear things have been stressful. Hope they start looking up.

I can't believe you have never PB'ed. I sure have...but I guess it wasn't until after my first fill. I still do at times, although I avoid it as much as possible. I hope this fill does something for you. I have had a very hard time eating healthy with the band. It is too much fun to eat the terrible stuff, as I am limited in the quantity I can have. So I am working on making healthier choices.

So glad you are back. Good luck

Becki