April Surgery patients

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dove! I am arriving at 9:50 on the 17th also. I only used "Lap Buddies" because someone else had used it earlier in the posts. I thought it sounded funny as well. I will be traveling alone so it's nice to meet someone else who will be coming in on that day. I am on Continental Airlines though. Good Luck!

It looks like my plans maybe changing. :unsure: I just found out that I am expecting! :lol: I have to say I have mixed emotions about it. :huh: But that will be my new bundle of joy. =D>

It looks like my plans maybe changing. :unsure: I just found out that I am expecting! :lol: I have to say I have mixed emotions about it. :huh: But that will be my new bundle of joy. =D>

Oh!! Congratulations to you on your new bundle of joy. How very exciting!!!!!!

Teri

Hey Dove! I am arriving at 9:50 on the 17th also. I only used "Lap Buddies" because someone else had used it earlier in the posts. I thought it sounded funny as well. I will be traveling alone so it's nice to meet someone else who will be coming in on that day. I am on Continental Airlines though. Good Luck!

That

Dove, I haven't even thought about my fill yet. I was thinking about having it done here in Texas. The cost is quite a bit more especially for the first one. I would really like to stick with Dr. Ortiz through the who process. I am sure if I go back to Dr. O for the fill I too will be alone. Here is my email if you want to email me.

beery.annette@aus.sysco.com

Talk to you soon!

Does anyone know if your band has to be filled. Or is it a pssobility that it will work the way it is. I saw pictures of the band filled and not filled and it looks almost the same. I know thats off the subject. I am being banded 4/9/07

original weight 195

pre op so far 188 4/2/07

goal post op 125

goal 70 lbs

I got my surgery date for April 27th. I am flying down early on the 26th, and flying back on the 29th. Good Luck to everybody!

BTW, I am Jennifer, lol, I live in Maryland, and I can't wait to have my surgery. My birthday is April 25th, so I figure I am giving myself a whole new outlook on life for my birthday.

Hi Jennifer. I am having my surgery done on the 27th. We are flying and returning on the same day. It is exciting to meet someone else who will be there at the same time. I would love to hear more from you.

Shannon

Well everyone, this is my last post until after surgery (if I am able to get to a PC). I leave for San Diego tomorrow morning at 5:00 am and have surgery Thursday morning.

I'm extremely nervous since I'm going alone... but am sure things will be ok. Please keep me in your thoughts! :D

Are there any April surgery dates out there?

I am new here. Just found the you all a few minutes ago. My pre-op is April 11. My surgery is April 16. I am a littel nervous, but looking forward to being banded. :unsure:

Well everyone, this is my last post until after surgery (if I am able to get to a PC). I leave for San Diego tomorrow morning at 5:00 am and have surgery Thursday morning.

I'm extremely nervous since I'm going alone... but am sure things will be ok. Please keep me in your thoughts! :D

You'll be just fine, Me !! Break a leg !! We look forward to your report! =D>

Hello everyone I am a new member. My date is April 9th, it just can't get here fast enough. I wish I could sleep until it's time to leave because I am so anxious. I am 36 years old 5'2 at 196 lbs my goal is 130 lbs. I want to know anyone who has a similar profile. Angela Valentine :rolleyes:

Hi, Angela! I, too am scheduled for next Monday (4/9) - which I have started to think of as my

second birthday! I am from the DC area - flying in on Sun via Chicago - hope to see you there!!

We're gonna do great !! I'm 5'6, 230 - hope to get to 150. LT

Greetings to all April Bandsters!

Its official! ><' I got my lap band placed today.

I am typing this from Dr. Ortiz's office just to let you all know that the pre-op, surgery and recovery thus far have been a breeze. You are in good hands here! The pain in minimal at best (more like muscle workout soreness). I'll post more as soon as I start drinking my clear liquids and will keep you in my thoughts.

You'll be just fine, Me !! Break a leg !! We look forward to your report! =D>

This will probably be my last post before surgery. I have some things to do to get my house and my children in order before I leave Sunday. I hope to meet you there Lisa va. I will be arriving in San Diego at 11:33 am . I will keep everyone posted as best as possible. =D>

Greetings to all April Bandsters!

Its official! ><' I got my lap band placed today.

I am typing this from Dr. Ortiz's office just to let you all know that the pre-op, surgery and recovery thus far have been a breeze. You are in good hands here! The pain in minimal at best (more like muscle workout soreness). I'll post more as soon as I start drinking my clear liquids and will keep you in my thoughts.

Congratulations! now you are officially a member of the bandster club.

What was it like? Did the staff keep checking in on you or just forget you were there? Did you share a room? Could you get away with wearing panties and a A-shirt instead with of PJ

Congratulations! now you are officially a member of the bandster club.

What was it like? Did the staff keep checking in on you or just forget you were there? Did you share a room? Could you get away with wearing panties and a A-shirt instead with of PJ

Hi Everyone,

New here, this is my first post. Im scheduled for surgery April 18 with Dr Ortis, coming from Vegas. I have been getting nervous over the last couple of days, but reading all the posts here sure has helped. Thanx for sharing guys! :-h

Preop Weight: 235

Surgery Weight: ?

Goal Weight: 135

The entire process from pre-op to post-op was excellent. I am still in Dr. Ortiz's clinic, until I get released later this morning. Each patient has their own individual room. The rooms are in great shape, comfy and modern. I drank water sometime last night. I cant really say how many hours after surgery, but I was given a small cup of chicken broth and water. It felt nice to have the warm broth.

Yes, you can get away with wearing your own PJs instead of the hospital gowns... some took the gowns off a few hours after surgery. Just realize that you will be really FOGGY for a while. Don't try to do too much on your own.

I am not currently on any medicines, but the hospital staff checked on me 24/7. I even had an episode of high sugar that required medication... all of which Dr. Ortiz's great staff was able to take care of.

Waiting for check out time.... I'll post more tonight.

=D> Congrats Onlyme on your surgery! Now you move forward to a new and different(for the better) life with your band.

Just one question in regards to your post...do they constantly take your blood to see any problems, like when you mentioned a high sugar problem that needed meds? Sounds like they are totally on top of everything.

Take care now,

Judy

=D> Do they constantly take your blood to see any problems, like when you mentioned a high sugar problem that needed meds? Sounds like they are totally on top of everything.

They are totally on top of things. You will have to nurses and quite a few doctors checking in on you. Depending on your needs/symptoms, they will order extra tests as necessary.

They are totally on top of things. You will have to nurses and quite a few doctors checking in on you. Depending on your needs/symptoms, they will order extra tests as necessary.

That's good to know. I know that after some surgeries I have been so thirsty and dry mouthed. Do you use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea and if you do, do they let you use it right out of surgery? I know you won't probably get this until later, but one more question in regards to the gown and panties...can you wear panties, and what kind of gown should you have in case you want your own to roam the halls? LOL I want to be able to walk, walk, and walk very comfy like. ;)

Peace,

Judy

That's good to know. I know that after some surgeries I have been so thirsty and dry mouthed. Do you use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea and if you do, do they let you use it right out of surgery? I know you won't probably get this until later, but one more question in regards to the gown and panties...can you wear panties, and what kind of gown should you have in case you want your own to roam the halls? LOL I want to be able to walk, walk, and walk very comfy like. ;)

Peace,

Judy

Hey Judy!

I am finally back home after a 9 night trip and almost 25 hour day. :huh: But I made it!

I don't use a CPAP and don't recall seeing anyone there with their little portable machine. I believe this is something you may want to discuss with the doctor. However I can't think of any reason why they would not allow you to use it.

Right before the surgery, you are asked to change into large comfy hospital gowns and a paper-type panty. For the first few hours after surgery (and right before bed), we all roamed the halls in the hospital gowns. (I have to admit the first thing I did after coming to is to remove the awful paper panty.) We saw quite a few patients from the previous night roaming the halls in their house dresses, workout type clothing etc.

The staff is there to help you feel comfortable and make sure that you are doing well. If you ask, I'm sure they will let you change into something different. (Although the hospital gown was great, no restriction, flowing with every movement, etc)

Good luck with your surgery.

PS: And yes, I am 1 pound heavier today than surgery day.... darn IV fluids! :angry: But there's hope... I know I will be on a losing streak soon!