April Surgery patients

I went bymyself and did just fine. Everyone at the clinic is great and you'll be surprised how other bandsters will adopt you as their own. :) Toni and Donna were both wonderful to me and made me feel like I had friends right there if I needed them. My DH knows but that is it for me. I personally enjoy traveling by myself so the trip to SD and then down to TJ wasn't a stretch at all.

Twigs

Awwwwww! You were a great friend to us, and I was HAPPY to have met you! As far as I'm concerned, we are band sisters for LIFE. How are you doing, now? Has the stomach flu left yet? Hope you're feeling better! Havent' heard from Toni in awhile, have you?

Talk to you later!

Donna

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all just bumpin this thread for april bandsters

I'm writing from my hotel room in tj I got banded 2days ago I flew in on wed the 25th once I arived at dr.ortiz office they gave me my blood test ekg and breath test then I hit the OR my total time I was there was about 10min before i had the surgery (they moved me up a day because somebody had a emergency so I switched days which was better for me no waiting around thinking about it) anyway I guess i'm a bit different from most as I have had no real pain after my surgery the only time i took one of the pain pills is after I had the zoom teeth whitening that dr.ortiz has at his office.

I can sleep on my side or tummy with no problem and I have had no trouble sitting down or getting up just a little bloating/gas pain maybe being 30 helps a little.

If anybody is nervous about going to mexico to get the surgery don't be it was so easy they picked me up at the airport drove me right to the clinic and took great care of me the hotel room is also very nice

also while you are there try the zoom teeth whitening just because the girls who do it are beautiful (well that probably is not a selling point for women hehe)and they sang led zeppelin songs while they worked on my teeth it was pretty sweet it does hurt like hell if you have sensetive teeth tho but the next day I feel fine and my teeth look great it cost $299

and one other thing dr.ortiz told me about is a UFC fighter he did the surgery on the guy lost 54pounds in 30days and fought a match 30 days after his surgery.

my name is colin by the way I was the guy from british columbia in the camo ball cap

hey all just bumpin this thread for april bandsters

I'm writing from my hotel room in tj I got banded 2days ago I flew in on wed the 25th once I arived at dr.ortiz office they gave me my blood test ekg and breath test then I hit the OR my total time I was there was about 10min before i had the surgery (they moved me up a day because somebody had a emergency so I switched days which was better for me no waiting around thinking about it) anyway I guess i'm a bit different from most as I have had no real pain after my surgery the only time i took one of the pain pills is after I had the zoom teeth whitening that dr.ortiz has at his office.

I can sleep on my side or tummy with no problem and I have had no trouble sitting down or getting up just a little bloating/gas pain maybe being 30 helps a little.

If anybody is nervous about going to mexico to get the surgery don't be it was so easy they picked me up at the airport drove me right to the clinic and took great care of me the hotel room is also very nice

also while you are there try the zoom teeth whitening just because the girls who do it are beautiful (well that probably is not a selling point for women hehe)and they sang led zeppelin songs while they worked on my teeth it was pretty sweet it does hurt like hell if you have sensetive teeth tho but the next day I feel fine and my teeth look great it cost $299

and one other thing dr.ortiz told me about is a UFC fighter he did the surgery on the guy lost 54pounds in 30days and fought a match 30 days after his surgery.

my name is colin by the way I was the guy from british columbia in the camo ball cap

Hey Colin,

I was with you on the 25th-Jamie from California. How has everything been since the big day? Glad to hear the Zoom thing went well. I think I may do that when I get my first fill. I have been doing good...sick of the liquid diet. Can't wait to start the protein drinks. The incisions are healing well, very little pain. I do suggest holding your stomach when you sneeze--ouch. :blink: You take care of yourself.

Jamie

Hey Colin,

I was with you on the 25th-Jamie from California. How has everything been since the big day? Glad to hear the Zoom thing went well. I think I may do that when I get my first fill. I have been doing good...sick of the liquid diet. Can't wait to start the protein drinks. The incisions are healing well, very little pain. I do suggest holding your stomach when you sneeze--ouch. :blink: You take care of yourself.

Jamie

hey jamie

I just got on the scale I have lost 12pounds since having the surgery on wednesday Dr.ortiz told me men do really well with the band and I guess he was right. I know what you mean about the liquid diet it sucks, today I had a drinkable yogurt tho and just had some watered down cream of brocolli soup hopefully that goes down ok. I just want something to chew on somebody on the lapbandtalk food forum said a softboiled egg was ok so I might try that in a couple days. I made the mistake of having some unwatered down apple juice after the surgery oy! atleast it cleaned me all out.

and how crazy was that traffic circle outside our hotel, I only had the courage to cross it once at 6 in the morning.

colin

Hi Colin,

So how are you doing. Still losing like crazy?? Well I have that female thing working for me. Don't get me wrong I have lost weight just not as much as you have...and I'm jealous <_< . Well I actually gained weight right after the surgery. Bummer right? Since then I have lost 10 lbs. I can't complain that is a heck of a lot for me. How are you doing with pain? Anything? I'm still having some pain at the post site. I just think I over did a few days ago. Cause I was doing really well until then. Hopefully It will improve. I'm really taking it easy now. Today was my first day back to work. I did well not too bad. Hope your well. :-h

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Colin,

So how are you doing. Still losing like crazy?? Well I have that female thing working for me. Don't get me wrong I have lost weight just not as much as you have...and I'm jealous <_< . Well I actually gained weight right after the surgery. Bummer right? Since then I have lost 10 lbs. I can't complain that is a heck of a lot for me. How are you doing with pain? Anything? I'm still having some pain at the post site. I just think I over did a few days ago. Cause I was doing really well until then. Hopefully It will improve. I'm really taking it easy now. Today was my first day back to work. I did well not too bad. Hope your well. :-h

Jamie

HEY! It's Christine, I was the other one to get banded with you and Colin. I'll tell you, this has been a very painful and uncomfortable, but 3 weeks out, I feel so much better. When are you guys going for your fills? Keep in touch! I have reservations for 6/7/07, and have been looking forward to it, since for Mother's Day I ate as much for dinner as I ever have, and I KNOW that didn't help!

Keep in touch and send me an email, I miss you guys so much! Colin, I bet you are doing GREAT! Jaime, you were a stunning, statuesque beauty before, and now you will be feeling that way!

Hi Colin,

Jamie

HEY! It's Christine, I was the other one to get banded with you and Colin. I'll tell you, this has been a very painful and uncomfortable, but 3 weeks out, I feel so much better. When are you guys going for your fills? Keep in touch! I have reservations for 6/7/07, and have been looking forward to it, since for Mother's Day I ate as much for dinner as I ever have, and I KNOW that didn't help!

Keep in touch and send me an email, I miss you guys so much! Colin, I bet you are doing GREAT! Jaime, you were a stunning, statuesque beauty before, and now you will be feeling that way!