Pre - Op diet

I found the first 3-4 days of the pre-op diet to be very difficult. And I didn't get a Lean Cuisine, just slimfast, and green veggies. But after day 4 or so it got much easier. Maybe just because my body got used to it. Or maybe because my surgery date was quickly coming, who knows, but I did. And if I can do it....so can anyone!!!!! :rolleyes:

Becki

Hi there! Sorry, I haven't been on in a bit - I didn't lose much weight on pre-op either. 3 pounds is IT! Dr. Miranda told me to talk to my Endocrinologist. (Did I spell that right?) She was concerened that I hadn't lost any but didn't make a big deal of it and I went ahead with surgery. No problem. Actually, one person with us didn't even DO the preop diet. No one even said one word to her. Is Lori going to erase this post? But, that is the truth. Although, she didn't have much to lose anyway...

my mom and i are scheduled for the 19th she has left a couple of messages for the nutritionist and hasn't reached her how long have you been on the liquid diet? We are planning to start it tomarrow. Just thinking about it is making me hungrey. I haven't heard that anyone has been home but I would just die if we did.

Hi I read that you and your mom are having your surgery on the 19th of march, well I too am scheduled to have my surgery on the 19th. I will be arriving on the 18th, hope to meet you and start our journey together. I will start my pre-op diet tomorrow 5 march. Ihave to lose 12 lbs before the surgery. I stocked up on atkins drinks, lean cuisean, and tomorrow I am going to GNC to buy Iospure. I will attempt to contact the nutritionist here pretty quick. Hope to meet you soon ><'

Sally

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Larissa!

I was so happy to read your posting. Dr. Miranda wants me to lose 16 lbs in 30 days. If I could do that I wouldn't be here, right? I told her that I have PCOS (which makes it harder to lose). So, I am so nervous about not losing enough before surgery. I weigh 320 now, but in November I was 305 lbs with a 38 bmi. Will they cancel the surgery?? My first weigh in is this Friday. :unsure:

~Michele (April 6th - Surgery date)

5"8" (320/320/150)

Just wondering if any of you post ops had the feeling of failing before you went. I am so excited to be having this surgery but so scared at the same time. I talked to Dr. Miranda yesterday and she wants me to lose 30 lbs by my surgery date of March 27th. My first reaction was to say are you nuts, but then I got to thinking she is a dr. and knows what she is thinking. After I hung up the phone I was thinking if I could do this then why do I need surgery? What if I don't make it do they turn me away? what about my non refundable airline ticket? I am not giving up and I will give this all I have to give, It is only for a month and I think I can stick to it, I just don't know if the body will shed the fat that fast! :-? Am I worrying for nothing???

CHeers and High hopes

Larissa

Just do your best!! I didn't loose all of the pre op weight that they wanted me to. I felt bad about it but I really tried. Dr. Miranda asked my why I didn't loose all 12 pounds and I told her that I tried but loosing weight has never been easy for me and that is why I am getting the band. I told Dr. Ortiz to watch out for my liver. He did a fabulous job!!!

Hang in there and try to loose what you can. The more, the better as your liver will decrease in size.

Thank you, Pamela!

Oh, I want to do my best, but why do they act like we should be able to do this. If we could would we be having the surgery??

How much have you lost so far? When did you have your surgery?

Michele

Just do your best!! I didn't loose all of the pre op weight that they wanted me to. I felt bad about it but I really tried. Dr. Miranda asked my why I didn't loose all 12 pounds and I told her that I tried but loosing weight has never been easy for me and that is why I am getting the band. I told Dr. Ortiz to watch out for my liver. He did a fabulous job!!!

Hang in there and try to loose what you can. The more, the better as your liver will decrease in size.

Just an IDEA for the pre-op diet! You can buy Cambridge diet products which come in a variety of flavors, including shakes, soups, and bars! It is a high protein, low fat diet. Just like Medifast, but really cheap.

I did it before deciding on the surgery. I lost 28 pounds in the first month, going from 247 to 219. I was SO thrilled. I continued until I lost 38 pounds, but then I cheated, and once I tasted REAL food again there was NO turning back!! I gained all the weight back plus some! Tried it a few more times after that with the same results, and gave up. HOWEVER, the soups and shakes are pretty good, and not that expensive. They come in nice little canisters, and you WILL lose weight fast if you do the shakes/soups only. Personally I am going to use it for my pre-op diet.

Everytime I did Cambridge I lost 10-11 pounds the first week. Anyway, if you are interested, you can e-mail me or just check out the website!

sparks2n2@yahoo.com

or www.cambridgedietusa.com

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

Donna