Last Meal

Where did you guys eat your last meal in Mexico before being banded?

Just curious.

Stacy

I NEVER DID HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT ONCE I ARRIVED BEFORE SURGERY. MY FRIEND SANDY HAD A SALAD IN THE HOTEL RESTAURANT. THE NICER RESTAURANT HAS A REALLY NICE ONION BROTH, GIVE THAT A TRY AFTER SURGERY.

WHEN WE FIRST SEAT DOWN AT THE NICER RESTAURANT, WE'D BEEN SHOPPING ALL DAY, THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS THROW DOWN A LOAF OF WARM BREAD ON THE TABLE. SANDY AND I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED TILL WE JUST HURT, WE BOTH HAD OUR NOSES TO THAT BREAD LOL

I NEVER DID HAVE ANYTHING TO EAT ONCE I ARRIVED BEFORE SURGERY. MY FRIEND SANDY HAD A SALAD IN THE HOTEL RESTAURANT. THE NICER RESTAURANT HAS A REALLY NICE ONION BROTH, GIVE THAT A TRY AFTER SURGERY.

WHEN WE FIRST SEAT DOWN AT THE NICER RESTAURANT, WE'D BEEN SHOPPING ALL DAY, THE FIRST THING THEY DID WAS THROW DOWN A LOAF OF WARM BREAD ON THE TABLE. SANDY AND I LAUGHED AND LAUGHED TILL WE JUST HURT, WE BOTH HAD OUR NOSES TO THAT BREAD LOL

Bread sounds good right now! Still drinking protein shakes. I would like to eat some good mexican food, but mostly it's for my partner. I don't want her to starve just because I have to.

Stacy

At the advice of Momma Ortiz I had a steak at the hotel. Not a great steak but I still enjoyed it :)

One word of warning: Their guacomole dip and what you're used to are probably TOTALLY different, lol. It was great, but it was VERY spicy. Good baked chips to eat it with :)

Where did you guys eat your last meal in Mexico before being banded?

Just curious.

Stacy

I did not think the hotel food was that good. I split an order of fajitas at the hotel with my travel companion, and I honestly can order better fajitas in Nebraska than was offered by the hotel. In fact, I think it was the worst fajitas I have ever had.

So, I went across the street to a restaurant which is called Mole or Cafe Mole (pronounced Mo-lay) or something like that. They did not speak English, but my limited Spanglish was sufficient to order. The food was great, service great, and prices reasonable. The waiter was truly thrilled to have gringos in the restaurant, and gave us a sample of all the sauces they offer before we ordered.

The restaurant is across from the convenience store 'Extra' and next to the pharmacy. It was recommended by our taxi driver. Mui bien!

I did not think the hotel food was that good. I split an order of fajitas at the hotel with my travel companion, and I honestly can order better fajitas in Nebraska than was offered by the hotel. In fact, I think it was the worst fajitas I have ever had.

So, I went across the street to a restaurant which is called Mole or Cafe Mole (pronounced Mo-lay) or something like that. They did not speak English, but my limited Spanglish was sufficient to order. The food was great, service great, and prices reasonable. The waiter was truly thrilled to have gringos in the restaurant, and gave us a sample of all the sauces they offer before we ordered.

The restaurant is across from the convenience store 'Extra' and next to the pharmacy. It was recommended by our taxi driver. Mui bien!

I've heard that place is awesome! I'm leaving this morning for my tests! I'm so nervous.

Stacy

I've heard that place is awesome! I'm leaving this morning for my tests! I'm so nervous.

Stacy

GOOD LUCK TO YOU STACY!!!!! THINKING OF YOU! :P

Donna

OK, so can we have a last meal? I am wondering? I really would like to. I have been unbelievably adherent to this pre op diet of protein shakes and lean cuisine. The 4lbs of green veggies I am allowed each day has saved me. Although, I have yet to eat 4 pounds in a day, it does help with the hunger. I've lost 6 pounds in 6 days. Crazy! Anyway, has anyone been told that it's ok to have that last meal that is not part of the preop diet?

OK, so can we have a last meal? I am wondering? I really would like to. I have been unbelievably adherent to this pre op diet of protein shakes and lean cuisine. The 4lbs of green veggies I am allowed each day has saved me. Although, I have yet to eat 4 pounds in a day, it does help with the hunger. I've lost 6 pounds in 6 days. Crazy! Anyway, has anyone been told that it's ok to have that last meal that is not part of the preop diet?

Yes, Dr. Miranda usually allows patients to have a meal the night before surgery.

I was told I could have lunch and a light snack because I made my weight.