housecatgirl's new photos...15 lbs. to goal

Hi everyone, Well, I'm about 15 lbs to goal and hubby took some photos last weekend. I'm not here to brag but I do hope to inspire. I have worked hard and come a long way. Most of you know it hasn't been easy with all my fills and unfills but I am happy to report I think I finally have the right level of restriction. I learned that there is no magic and the band is only a tool. I also learned it's at least 50% exercise. Anyway, I will post better photos when I finally reach my goal...

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w189/housecatgirl/

Hi everyone, Well, I'm about 15 lbs to goal and hubby took some photos last weekend. I'm not here to brag but I do hope to inspire. I have worked hard and come a long way. Most of you know it hasn't been easy with all my fills and unfills but I am happy to report I think I finally have the right level of restriction. I learned that there is no magic and the band is only a tool. I also learned it's at least 50% exercise. Anyway, I will post better photos when I finally reach my goal...

Laura!

You look awesome!!! Great for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has to be such a great feeling!!!!!!!!! How tall are you? Can you tell me the reasons for your unfills, I am having similar problems with fills. I was at 3.4cc also with no restriction for a month, then it kicked in, and good. I keep having to drop down because of the tightness and not being able to keep even water down. I am ok now, but still get episodes. Hey, these are great photos. My, how much people change when the weight comes off. Great photos! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teri

Hi Laura,

You are my idol!! =D> You should be bragging as you look fantastic. Your post is EXACTLY what I needed to read today. I am scheduled for the Lap Band by Dr. Ortiz on April 12th with two co-workers and have been so scared of failing as I too am a low BMI to start. I am 5'2 and have weighed between 168 and 172 for over fifteen years now. It is so great to see that it is POSSIBLE to get down to 125!! Thank you, thank you. I am sure I have a lot I could learn from you!

Do you contribute the exercise to how tone your skin looks? I have been worried about flabby tummy, wavy arms, etc.

Lisa

Now that is what I call encouragement =D> I am 5'2" and 209 pounds (lost 2 lbs) surgery scheduled for the 18th of April. What types of exercises did you do and how did you keep yourself motivated? My husband wouldn't know what to do with himself if I were ever able to were a swimsuit let alone a two-piece. You look great.

GiBaby 71 =D>

Thanks everyone. I will try to answer some questions. First of all I am only 5' tall. I still have 15 lbs to get to my goal. Exercise is totally key!! I exercise at least 45 min per day. Either Curves (which I love!!) or my eliptical cross trainer at home. I swear tanning helps the scars...even though some say it makes them worse. You can still see my port incision up close but it doesn't seem to show up much is photos...I can't even find the other ones anymore. I have always been like that with scars though so it probably just depends on the person. I also have a ton of freckles everywhere so I guess it's kind of a good thing in this case because they help hide the scars.

Hi Laura, I just wanted to let you know that I am also in Lake Elsinore! I was banded by Dr. Ortiz 12/12 and had my first fill on 1/24. I'm down 34 lbs. so far, but still have about 60 to go. You look wonderful and I bet you're looking forward to a great summer! I need to buckle down and really start to work better with this band as I'm struggling a bit with it right now. I think I need to get another fill pretty soon and then I have to up the exercise routine more, so I just need to wrap my head around it and get to it! You're results are encouraging, so thanks for the post.

Kim

Thanks everyone. I will try to answer some questions. First of all I am only 5' tall. I still have 15 lbs to get to my goal. Exercise is totally key!! I exercise at least 45 min per day. Either Curves (which I love!!) or my eliptical cross trainer at home. I swear tanning helps the scars...even though some say it makes them worse. You can still see my port incision up close but it doesn't seem to show up much is photos...I can't even find the other ones anymore. I have always been like that with scars though so it probably just depends on the person. I also have a ton of freckles everywhere so I guess it's kind of a good thing in this case because they help hide the scars.

Since you provided the motivation I am now looking into an excercise routine that I can work into my scheldue. Great job and I know you will make it to your goal.

GiBaby.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi kim, The next meeting is May 20. Let me know if you want to go. We can also meet for lunch and there are a few other ladies in the area, too. Laura

Hi Laura, fill me in on this yahoo group that met here in Lake Elsinore. We should meet for lunch or something one of these days.

Kim

All I can say to Houscatgirl is WOW and congratulations. You look beautiful. The band has worked and you worked the band for your success. I am a tad jealous i am sorry to admit as I wanted to be exactly where you are. I also exercise almost every day but my body just really wants to be fat. You should write your success up for the occ website as they would surely love to post your success. I'm sure you'll have 15lbs off and be to goal in no time at all. Congrats again.

Hi everyone, Well, I'm about 15 lbs to goal and hubby took some photos last weekend. I'm not here to brag but I do hope to inspire. I have worked hard and come a long way.

Housecatgirl, you are such an inspiration to us, thank you for sharing...

woo hoo! good for you! =D>

i was just telling myself today that i need to start exercising. i keep making excuses. i just weighed and scales say, for the very first time since my surgery, that i have gained 2 pounds back. yikes.

we all KNOW exercise is the key...it's just a matter of doing. thanks for the inspiration!