has any one experienced this

im 5 weeks post op and i have lost 25 pounds i noticed in the past week that i have lost a lot of weight very quickly i also started getting really bad head aches and i dont eat anything because if i do i feel nauseated i didnt have this problem in the begining it almost started just last week i mean not that im not eating but the amounts that i am are smaller than what we should eat like 2 bites of a plain bagel and im full please help

Have you gotten a fill?

I too had some nausea. When I had asked others about it they thought it might be stress as I have a high stress job. It was a kind of nausea that was more "deep" and didn't feel like a dose of pepto would take care of it.

Shell once said she thought the headaches came from lack of protein. That sounds good to me. I had thought mine were from quitting smoking (no, I didn't succeed) and quitting caffeine (success on that one). But I think the lack of protein is probably the culprit.

Maybe it is what you are eating. I know that the breads, pastas and rice actually enlarge and expand and most bandsters don't do well with them. I can't have a bagel or plain bread, it will make me PB. But I can down pasta pretty well unfortunately.

I dunno, I don't think I really offered any insight to any of it. Wish I could help more. :(

Are you sure you even need a fill??? Why are you getting a fill in 5 days when you aren't eating??? If you are eating so little, I would consider waiting. Otherwise you may make things A LOT worse. Just because you are going to be 6 weeks and they WILL fill you doesn't mean you NEED it. Be careful if you do it!

Headaches for me either means dehydration or not enough protein in my daily intake.

Up your water and protein, it will help!

2 bites of a plain bagel just isnt cuttin it.

instead of a plain bagel, try some scrambled eggs..

60 grams of protein and atleast 64 oz of water a day

track your intake at www.fitday.com

it tracks everything, protein, calories fat carbs etc..

Hi,

I agree, try eating more protein than bread. A bagel is heavy to eat and than it swells up. I myself don't do well on breads. The headaches could be lack of protein ... but what about your sugar intake? If you are cutting down on sugar (which you should) you will get headaches for the first few days.

Also, I just had my 1st fill ... 9 weeks post op. Are you sure you need a fill??? I noticed I started eatiing a little more than when I first had it done about 2 weeks before. I use the rule - eat about 1/2 to 1 cup of food. I found myself eating 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups of food. The weight was coming off in oz. instead of by the pound, because of eating more calories and carbs at that point. Since my fill, I am now back to eating a little less than I was when I 1st had the surgery, so about a 1/3 of a small child or senior plate if you go out to eat. I always have take home food for a couple of days :-).

And yes you need to drink lots of water (and no soda). But remember, don't drink before (1hr), during, or after (1hr) eating. It is so important not to wash the food down, it will make you eat more.

im doing everything right in two days im leaving for my fill and im kinda nervous i guess you have to experience it to know what to expect. i have lost a lot of weight and my problem is , is that even before the surgery i wasnt a big meat eater. i dont like eggs and i dont eat pork or steak or anything like that just once in a while i eat chicken so i dont know what to do but i do eat alot alot of fish

thanx for everyone's advice

If you do not like eggs, steak or pork how are you getting in 60 grams of protein a day? You say you are doing everything right but eating a bagel before any protein is not what I would consider right. Sorry if I sound harsh but I was told to eat protein first then veggies, then fruits and if I had room then the bagel ( carbs) Never do I start my meal with carbs NEVER!

I'm surrised you are going to get a fill if you say you are losing pretty quicky. Does Ortiz & Martinez know this because Im sure if they did know you were still losing without a fill and eating such small amounts all ready they would be reluctant to give a fill.

Have you ever read this site below ? It is about fills, when to know if you need one, you might want ot check it out, it is very good info and very helpful

http://lapbandtransformation.com/Adjustments.htm

i actually talked with dr. miranda and she said you have to eat ur food in that order for the first week, week and a half but she said after that i can mix my food so ....

thats what i was told by the nurtritionist maybe because im only 15 i dont kow

Thats odd, Dr. Martinez told me differently and the Inamed handbook tells it differently

When I had my surgery Dr. Ortiz did not have Dr. Miranda on staff. There was a different nutritionalist.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you with your fill :)

Yep, Dr Miranda wants you to portion out your food in sections and eat in order ALWAYS. First proteins, then veggies, then fruit, then carbs.

I am really concerned that newbander is getting filled before it is necessary. i hope he doesn't go too tight and then has to rush back for an unfill.

Hope all works out ok!!

hey well im back from my fill

it was a little painful but i was filled up 2 cc's dr. martinez said its a bit much but i shouldnt be too restricted

im on liquids and still a bit hungry so im pretty sure its not too tight

i think people are kind of mean for judging me in such a way i do every thing that is neccessary and i am doing the right thing from what i was told (dont forget im only 15 and still growing they have different instructions for me i guess) because when i went to mexico for the fill i talked with a bunch of people who had already had a few fill and they all said that before their first fill they had what ever they wanted but after is when it really starts and i also asked a person who is also 8 weeks post op and he said he eats what ever he wants meaning in any order

Nobody says you cant eat in any order, but for best results in your weight loss protein first is the wiser. protein curbs appetites and reduces cravings and keeps your pouch fuller longer, carbs will crave more carbs and make you hungry sooner. We are not trying to be mean and if you took it that way then I'm sorry

it's normal to be hungry after a fill since you can not eat prior to a fill , liquids will go through fine , it is when you go to solids, please be careful with your first meal and eat slow and chew chew chew,

with 2cc's you should definatley feel a difference when you go to solids.

Good Luck with your new fill, I hope it works out for you

Hi Michelle, I think I met you in the waiting room at the hospital. You were leaving and I was coming. We were all out on the couches talking. I was being banded the 24th a day after you. Anyway I go for my first fill this saturday and hope it gets the ball rolling. No restriction right now whatsoever so I want him to fill me up. From what I've been told you are not officially banded until your first fill.