Am I crazy?

I don't qualify for the surgery in the US because my BMI hovers between 31 and 32. I have always been miserable and I have horrific joint pain. I am sure everyone has their story, but I know what being lighter could do for me. Did anyone here fall in that same range? Also, is hypothyroidism a reason not to get surgery. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks.

Just becasue you have a low BMI is not reason to fell you are not a candidate for this surgery. There are many who have had a BMI under 40 and have had the band. Only you truly know how you feel inside both physically and emotionally from your current weight. If you feel this is the right thing for you then go for it!

I know it is the best thing I have ever done for myself

:) I just set my surgery date with Dr.Ortiz, Aug.19, and I have a BMI of 32-33. The Dr.'s here in the states said I was not a cannidate and I am so happy to have found Dr. Ortiz! I have battled weight my whole life and since having my children its been really hard... My entire family is obese, with hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. I know what my future holds if I can't gain control of my weight and I am so tired of gaining and losing the same 30 lbs. I could scream. And that only brings me to a size 16! Not that size matters ha ha. I want to be healthy for my children and once again I can only be thankful that they do this in Mexico for those of us with BMI's in the lower end of obesity.