New to Surgery

:rolleyes:

Hello everyone,

My name is Cesar, I live in California, I am so excited because tommorow (04/20/07) I will be having my lap-band procedure. I am so happy. I have been big since I was a little kid, and am looking forward to loosing weight.

I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me how they managed their first week after the surgery? How long did you stay on liquids and how long after did you start incorporating soft foods and solid foods?

Thank you all,

Cesar

:rolleyes:

Hello everyone,

My name is Cesar, I live in California, I am so excited because tommorow (04/20/07) I will be having my lap-band procedure. I am so happy. I have been big since I was a little kid, and am looking forward to loosing weight.

I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me how they managed their first week after the surgery? How long did you stay on liquids and how long after did you start incorporating soft foods and solid foods?

Thank you all,

Cesar

Hi Cesar

Welcome! I was back to work Mon after a Thurs surgery. I personally felt great. The surgery was a breeze for me, I never needed pain pills. I guess everyone is different. I did walk alot to keep from getting gas pains. I was on liquids for 22 days. Clear for the first week and then they said for the rest of the 22 days if you can't drink it, dont take it. Again I think all Drs are different. I didn't get hungry so it was pretty easy to stick to the liquid diet. I did have brain hunger, which was weird for me to realize that I wasen't really hungry, I just thought I was. I am really glad I had this surgery. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes for you. Where are you from in California?

mema

Hi Cesar

Welcome! I was back to work Mon after a Thurs surgery. I personally felt great. The surgery was a breeze for me, I never needed pain pills. I guess everyone is different. I did walk alot to keep from getting gas pains. I was on liquids for 22 days. Clear for the first week and then they said for the rest of the 22 days if you can't drink it, dont take it. Again I think all Drs are different. I didn't get hungry so it was pretty easy to stick to the liquid diet. I did have brain hunger, which was weird for me to realize that I wasen't really hungry, I just thought I was. I am really glad I had this surgery. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes for you. Where are you from in California?

mema

Hi Mema,

Thank you for the reply. I will let you know how it went as soon as I get home. I am in the San Diego area. I am very excited about the surgery.

Take care,

Cesar

Hi Mema,

Thank you for the reply. I will let you know how it went as soon as I get home. I am in the San Diego area. I am very excited about the surgery.

Take care,

Cesar

Hey Cesar,

I'm Kelly I will be having my band put on Thurs. 4/26 and I go back to work 5/1. I can't wait. I hope you are doing GREAT! Oh yeah Welcome to the group!

Kelly C.

To be banded 4/26/07