HELP! Allergies or Cold!

Someone please help me feel better with knowing that my surgery won't be cancelled or postponed. I started sneezing ALOT since a couple days ago and don't know what it could be. I have not had a fever so far, so maybe that's a good thing? Allergies(which I have never had in my life), or a sinus infection/cold. I was feeling good and ready about my surgery and all, but now am so stressed because my nose and head decided to get congested and runny. grrrr!

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Judy

Someone please help me feel better with knowing that my surgery won't be cancelled or postponed. I started sneezing ALOT since a couple days ago and don't know what it could be. I have not had a fever so far, so maybe that's a good thing? Allergies(which I have never had in my life), or a sinus infection/cold. I was feeling good and ready about my surgery and all, but now am so stressed because my nose and head decided to get congested and runny. grrrr!

Thanks,

Judy

Judy

When is your surgery? I came down wih a cold 5 days before my surgery. I called Dr Jimenez and talked to him. I was starting to feel a little better by the day of surgery. I didn't have to cancel my surgery. He told me to take vitiman c and drink lots of liquids. I really rested and tried to fight it off.I would give him a call and tell him your symptoms. Good luck!

marshaj

Thanks,

Judy

Judy,

First stop stressing for your own peace of mind. You are probably adding to your chances of keeping your ailment by do so. You want to be as close to %100 as possible for surgery and recovery. I am aware of a lapbander who had surgery in the states (not associated with Dr.Ortiz in any way). She had a cold. They put her on a ventilator to bring up her oxygen levels for surgery. She ended up in the hospital in recovery for a week as she developed pneumonia. If I was sick before surgery I would decide for myself not to go through with it until I was well.

So forget the stress. Get better ASAP. Drink lots of water, sleep well, and take your vitamins. Sit outside in the sun too. Getting some good sunlight and oxygen is a real plus.

I loved the process of surgery personally because I knew I was in the best hands possible at OCC.

Keep us informed of your progress. To your good health!

Hi Judy,

I was originally scheduled for surgery on May 9th. I developed a sore throat that turned into a cold with runny nose, mild fever and body aches. I figured that surgery is tough enough on the body without a cold. So I've postponed my surgery to the 16th. I've already recovered from the cold and am now looking forward to the surgery without having to worry about fighting the cold AND surgery recovery at the same time.

Sanjay

Judy

When is your surgery? I came down wih a cold 5 days before my surgery. I called Dr Jimenez and talked to him. I was starting to feel a little better by the day of surgery. I didn't have to cancel my surgery. He told me to take vitiman c and drink lots of liquids. I really rested and tried to fight it off.I would give him a call and tell him your symptoms. Good luck!

marshaj

Hi marshaj

Thanks for the suggestion. My surgery is in 10 days, May 21st. I am taking some antibiotics now and hope they are the right ones to kill this infection or whatever. I will keep you all posted as to how I am doing. I was so pumped over this surgery and now am rather bummed.

Peace,

Judy