Taking the first step

Hi,

Well, I've finally decided I cannot lose weight on my own. I want to have the procedure done in January. Anything I need to know that will make things go smoother? Does anyone go alone to TJ and have the surgery? Any words of advise would be appreciated...l love reading all your posts....you are all awesome. :rolleyes:

I started researching the surgery early summer and between then and having the procedure (11.18) i went to weight watchers and lost 1/2 lb - bought phentermine over the internet (135.00), bought hoodia and tried scarsdale and didn't lose anything - i know your frustration - I wanted a permenent solution and as soon as I made up my mind i was able to figure out the financing and am glad i did this - i think you will be too. I originally thought i would go alone but no way - i brought my husband and was very glad i did - while the care is outstanding there is nothing like having a loved one with you to run interference, help pull your pants and shoes on (smile) etc. If you can take a few days off of work after the procedure, I think that is best - you are having surgery and while everyone bounces back differently - i was pretty tired the first few days home and you are a little sore. Congrats on your decision - you will be in terrific hands with ortiz and associates - oh yea, and get Dr Ortiz's book - it has terrific information.

I went to Tijuana alone for surgery with Dr. Ortiz, and I had absolutely no problems. I met a couple people in the van on the way from the airport, and a couple more in the hotel (post-op), and we bonded quickly. Everybody was totally supportive, and I had no complications. Surgery 5 months ago, down 50 pounds (BMI was 36.6 at time of surgery).

K