port??

:D I have had very little port pain. Just some the first few days if I bent over. You really can not feel that the band is there. You can tell something is there because the swelling right after surgery is there. I had trouble taking pills in the a.m. so started crushing them and took them in the p.m. for about 3 weeks. I am about 4 weeks away from my first "fill" and really do not feel the port or band at all. It does vary and there were 4 of us banded 11-18 and a couple of the girls did have some port pain. I had a wonderful experience.

I had surgery on 12/1/05 and I had a wonderful experience! I still have some port pain, but only if I'm sitting for a long time and then stand up, or lay on my stomache wrong when I'm trying to sleep. Overall it's great though. I've already lost 21 lbs and boy can I feel a difference already. I can't feel anything around my stomache. The first few weeks I felt really swollen but that's about it. The only time I can feel the band is when I drink something really cold... it feels like it's going through a funnel. It was such an easy procedure, you're up and walking the same day. The hardest part is being on liquids for the first few weeks afterwards.

I was banded in August. There was some definite port discomfort for the first ~2 weeks while I was still swollen. Everytime I would sit down the port would jab into my abdominal wall, but after the swelling went down the pain went away. I never was able to feel the band, but I was able to tell that something foreign was in my body.