Help, hair loss!!

Protein. Then.... some more protein. Drink the protein shakes every day to get more in. Also try some protein leave in spray for your hair. They also have liquid vitamin protein. It is SUPER important that you get your vitamins in. I know most of us are lazy.... until we see what the lack of vitamins have effects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was banded on Aug 5th, 2005 and have noticed my hair is falling out for about one month now.  I have my thyroid tested which is normal and I have no vitamin deficiencies.  Can anyone help me? :unsure:

1842[/snapback]

Hi,

My hair has fallen out pretty dramatically twice in my life. The first time was a few years ago when I was about 4 or five months into the Atkins diet and had lost about 35 pounds. The second time is right now. I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 8/26/05 and have been losing hair at a pretty good clip for a couple of weeks now. I've researched it some, and the most consistent answer I've found is that any significant change in one's diet can cause temorary hair loss. Many, many people post about it on other Lapband boards. It always seems to happen between 3 and 6 months after surgery. And it always stops eventually. Some people swear by upping your protein intake, others swear by vitamins. It seems as though no matter what one does, it does eventually stop.

I haven't heard about anybody yet developing an actual bald spot or receded hair line.

Poodle butt hair is an entirely other matter :lol::P

LizzyD

A couple of years ago I lost 25 pounds in two months. My hair started falling out rapidly after that. I went to a dermatologist who looked at my follicles under a microscope. He said that it was temporary. The body can have a very stressful event and then lose hair. He suggested I take gelatin (from drug store.) It worked. My hair stopped falling out and now my hair is healthier than ever.

It will come back. Make sure you are getting nutrients you need!