Banding in April

I have set a surgery date with Dr. Ortiz for April 14th. Is there anyone else that is going to have theirs around the same time with Dr. Ortiz?

I have to say that I am getting so excited and wish I could go sooner but my schedule will not permit.

I am scheduled to get the band April 5th, I am soo excited too! Are you from around TJ? Or are you traveling a distance, I'm from Kentucky :rolleyes:

I am scheduled to get the band April 5th, I am soo excited too! Are you from around TJ? Or are you traveling a distance, I'm from Kentucky :rolleyes:

Hey Kim,

I have surgery scheduled for April 4th! I am so excited I can't stand it. My step mom and I are traveling from Georgia. Hope to see you there and I wish you good luck on your surgery. :D

-Julia

I have set a surgery date with Dr. Ortiz for April 14th. Is there anyone else that is going to have theirs around the same time with Dr. Ortiz?

I have to say that I am getting so excited and wish I could go sooner but my schedule will not permit.

I'm scheduled for April 28th. Yep, getting excited also. However, I need the time to try to drop some weight before the surgery.

Are you getting it done by Dr. Ortiz? If so, I bet we will run into each other while recovering.

I have to tell you that since I live about 1 1/2 hours from TJ, I went down and toured the facilities. They were beautiful and everyone was so nice. Dr. Ortiz was so friendly and answered all of the questions I had.

Good luck to the others, you will be banded in just a few days!!!!!!! You will have to keep us all posted as to how it went.

Hey Kim,

I have surgery scheduled for April 4th! I am so excited I can't stand it. My step mom and I are traveling from Georgia. Hope to see you there and I wish you good luck on your surgery. :D

-Julia

Hey JuliaA,

You are traveling from Georgia to TJ? I am coming from Atlanta, what about you? Are you flying into San Diego? My husband and I will get there on the 5th and my surgery is on the 6th. Maybe I'll see you there.

Lynn

Hey Kelly,

I trust that you will be thrilled you picked Dr. Ortiz for your surgery. They are the BEST! I highly recommend them. I am 4 days post op and doing GREAT! Let us know how you do.

Be Blessed,

Lynn

Hey Kim,

-Julia

Hey Julia,

I met Kim in TJ, did I meet you? I was banded on the 6th. How did your surgery go? Kim and I were doing great the following day. We are 4 days post op and I feel just fine. Struggled with some chest (gas) pains for a while. Kim's mom gave me some GAS X strips and they did the trick for me. No shoulder pain to report (thank the LORD!). Let us know how you're doing.

Lynn

Hey Kim,

How are you feeling? I'm doing great. Hubby and I just got back from San Diego today. Tell your mom I said Thanks, Again! She was a lifesaver for me. She is just the sweetest! I have gotten the gas X strips and they have been my saving grace. No complications, though. How about you?

Lynn

Hey Julia,

I met Kim in TJ, did I meet you? I was banded on the 6th. How did your surgery go? Kim and I were doing great the following day. We are 4 days post op and I feel just fine. Struggled with some chest (gas) pains for a while. Kim's mom gave me some GAS X strips and they did the trick for me. No shoulder pain to report (thank the LORD!). Let us know how you're doing.

Hey Lynn,

I don't believe I met either on of you. I had preop on the 3rd and surgery on the 4th. So, today I am one week out. I have lost 11 pounds so far! I feel pretty well overall, except for the gas pains. It's not even like being regular gassy, because it just won't go anywhere...it sits there and makes me uncoomfortable. I too have found GasX to be my new best friend! But, all things considered, that is my only complaint. I am very excited by my progress so far and found the staff and the facility very nice.

I am glad to hear that you are both doing well too. Keep us all posted! :)

-Julia

• 2 weeks later...

How are all you recent banders doing? Update please.=) Laura

Hey Lynn,

I don't believe I met either on of you. I had preop on the 3rd and surgery on the 4th. So, today I am one week out. I have lost 11 pounds so far! I feel pretty well overall, except for the gas pains. It's not even like being regular gassy, because it just won't go anywhere...it sits there and makes me uncoomfortable. I too have found GasX to be my new best friend! But, all things considered, that is my only complaint. I am very excited by my progress so far and found the staff and the facility very nice.

I am glad to hear that you are both doing well too. Keep us all posted! :)

-Julia

How are all you recent banders doing? Update please.=) Laura

I had surgery April 13th (moved from the 14th) and have so far lost 15 lbs. I had a hard time at first and was in quite a bit of pain, but doing very well now. Any of you others out there that had surgery the same day?

I had surgery April 13th (moved from the 14th) and have so far lost 15 lbs. I had a hard time at first and was in quite a bit of pain, but doing very well now. Any of you others out there that had surgery the same day?

hi its me jasmine,i'm doing well and have lost 12lbs so far.nice to hear from you and that you are doing well.

hi its me jasmine,i'm doing well and have lost 12lbs so far.nice to hear from you and that you are doing well.

Hello both of you. I am glad to hear that you are both doing well. I am down 10 lbs now and I am doing great. I haven't had too much pain, just some discomfort where my port is. I am however getting really sick of liquids and yogurt.