Newly banded March 25

I was banded in TJ on march 25th. I weighed 217 pounds. I am 16 days out and have lost 21 pounds. I still have some irritation at the site where the port is. The biggest complaint is that I have not been able to drink as much as I did before. I was one of those people that carried around a soda or something else 24/7. My first experience that I realized that I indeed did have the band placed was about 5 days ago. I was making dinner for my family. I was getting real tired of soup. I took one broccoli floret and chewed it up forever. Then... I took a drink because I felt like panicky and like I couldn't breathe. That is that golf ball feeling that I have heard others talk about. I immediatel threw up and that was enough to scare me until now. I have had a few bites of food here and there. I ate out last night with my husband for the first time and I ordered refried beans and a cheese enchilada. I ate probably 5 bites of beans and 2 bites of the enchilada. The cheese just wouldn't chew up properly.

The biggest problem that I am having is gas. I get a horrible stomach ache after I eat and then I have gas soo bad. I will try to go to the bathroom but all that comes out is gas. I have never had so much gas in my life and my stomach makes so much noise. Everyone can hear it. I am a nurse and my patients are always commenting that I had better go eat because my stomach is so loud. Has anyone experienced this. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the gas? Is this normal or am I going to be a farter for the rest of my life?

I was banded in TJ on march 25th. I weighed 217 pounds. I am 16 days out and have lost 21 pounds. I still have some irritation at the site where the port is. The biggest complaint is that I have not been able to drink as much as I did before. I was one of those people that carried around a soda or something else 24/7. My first experience that I realized that I indeed did have the band placed was about 5 days ago. I was making dinner for my family. I was getting real tired of soup. I took one broccoli floret and chewed it up forever. Then... I took a drink because I felt like panicky and like I couldn't breathe. That is that golf ball feeling that I have heard others talk about. I immediatel threw up and that was enough to scare me until now. I have had a few bites of food here and there. I ate out last night with my husband for the first time and I ordered refried beans and a cheese enchilada. I ate probably 5 bites of beans and 2 bites of the enchilada. The cheese just wouldn't chew up properly.

The biggest problem that I am having is gas. I get a horrible stomach ache after I eat and then I have gas soo bad. I will try to go to the bathroom but all that comes out is gas. I have never had so much gas in my life and my stomach makes so much noise. Everyone can hear it. I am a nurse and my patients are always commenting that I had better go eat because my stomach is so loud. Has anyone experienced this. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the gas? Is this normal or am I going to be a farter for the rest of my life?

Wow, Nursery. Sounds like you have had quite a journey. 21lbs in 16 days is awesome. I am 4 days post op and doing great. Like you, the gas has been the hardest for me. They come in the form of stabbing pains in my chest and come and go in waves. I've been taking the GAS X strips and they are really working for me. I am so happy I haven't had any shoulder pain to speak of. I haven't been able to eat much of anything so I can't really say that I'm tired of soup yet. I'm sure I will be by day 16! I've lost 6 lbs in 4 days, though. A total of 10 lbs including pre-op. Ihope things get better for you. I can't believe one broccoli did all that. I am learning a lot about the do's/don'ts. Hopefully, i can cut down on the mistakes. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Be Blessed,

Lynn