I have a surgery date with Dr. Ortiz June 27th!!!!!

:D I met with him yesterday and he answered all of my questions. I am very excited. Can anyone tell me what I should do to prepare and what to pack? Someone mentioned packing clear liquids. Any suggestions on what kind of clear liquids? Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Thanks! Laura

Laura

Dr. Ortiz

BMI 33/168/Surgery scheduled 6/27/06

:D I met with him yesterday and he answered all of my questions. I am very excited. Can anyone tell me what I should do to prepare and what to pack? Someone mentioned packing clear liquids. Any suggestions on what kind of clear liquids? Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Thanks! Laura

Laura

Dr. Ortiz

BMI 33/168/Surgery scheduled 6/27/06

Good For You!!!

It's been almost a year for me, but as I remember, Dr. Ortiz gives you a pack of juice and things for a day or so. The restaurant in the hotel is accustomed to having his patients, and they'll fix the Jello and broths that you'll need.

Crystal Light makes individual packs of flavored crystals good for a 20 oz. bottle of water. Wal-Mart has their version of the same stuff. Lipton even makes "Iced Tea to Go" in small packets also good for 20 oz. waters. These things will fit in your pocket.We were flying in so we didn't pack a lot of heavy stuff.

I drank apple juice and grape juice (white) watered down for a day or two. Beef broth was my friend, as was coffee. When I got brave after a day or two, I pureed onion soup and soon got to the Campbells "Soup at Hand" microwaveable soups. They were God-sent, I'm sure. I relied on V-8 juice (still do) for two or three servings of veggies per day.

After 11 months, I'm down 92 pounds, don't use Oxygen any longer, have virtually eliminated insulin, and reduced blood pressure meds by more than 3/4ths.

I still enjoy a good glass of wine occasionally, and have begun to play golf again. I just KNEW that would never happen again. Life is good once more...I even bought a convertible earlier today....

Best wishes...

Arnold

I still enjoy a good glass of wine occasionally, and have begun to play golf again. I just KNEW that would never happen again. Life is good once more...I even bought a convertible earlier today....

Best wishes...

Arnold

Arnold, I don't get it. You do something extremely positive for yourself and then you go ahead and start the insanity of golf. I guess you have to replace one crutch with another... LOL.

I'm looking forward to hiking again. And yes, I might dust off the clubs also.

6 Days and counting till poke day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Laura,

I am Friend no kid on the block. I had my surgery March 24, 2006 by the Molding Clinic Dr. Martinez and hav gone for one fill 4/28/06. Surgery is a piece of cake don't worry. Take only casual clothes and I took chamomile tea which made my stomach feel good. I used Malox for my gas. You can buy almost everything there and cheaper. So I would not carry too much. You will be able to get around which is what the doctor orders anyway. During the day it was warm but in the evening it was quite breezy. The first day at the hotel for me was just water and tea. I was so tired and just wanted to rest quitely. Next morning I walked down to hotel mini store a purchased jello and a juice. I always had water by my side. Thats all I needed I did not feel hungry so really did not need much before I drove home to Central CA near Fresno. Remember loose comfortable clothes. I wish you well on you new life. Prayers your surgery day!

Friend

Thanks for your reply and advise! Laura

Hi Laura,

I am Friend no kid on the block. I had my surgery March 24, 2006 by the Molding Clinic Dr. Martinez and hav gone for one fill 4/28/06. Surgery is a piece of cake don't worry. Take only casual clothes and I took chamomile tea which made my stomach feel good. I used Malox for my gas. You can buy almost everything there and cheaper. So I would not carry too much. You will be able to get around which is what the doctor orders anyway. During the day it was warm but in the evening it was quite breezy. The first day at the hotel for me was just water and tea. I was so tired and just wanted to rest quitely. Next morning I walked down to hotel mini store a purchased jello and a juice. I always had water by my side. Thats all I needed I did not feel hungry so really did not need much before I drove home to Central CA near Fresno. Remember loose comfortable clothes. I wish you well on you new life. Prayers your surgery day!

Friend