Researching surgeons

Hi I am looking to get banded very soon.....I have been looking at Mexico as my best option for price....but from what I have been reading Dr. Ortiz and one other Mexican surgeon sounds like the guys you would want wherever he was located........If anyone can share there experience on deciding on Dr. Ortiz I would be most grateful...... :rolleyes:

Hi I am looking to get banded very soon.....I have been looking at Mexico as my best option for price....but from what I have been reading Dr. Ortiz and one other Mexican surgeon sounds like the guys you would want wherever he was located........If anyone can share there experience on deciding on Dr. Ortiz I would be most grateful...... :rolleyes:

HI MY NAME IS JAS, AND DR.ORTIZ DID MY BAND ON APRIL 13TH HE IS VERY GOOD AND HIS CENTER IS VERY CLEAN AND THE STAFF WERE VERY NICE.MY HUSBAND AND I MAT ONE OTHER DR. AND WE BOTH WANTED DR.ORTIZ ONCE YOU MEET HIM YOU WILL SEE WHY.HE TREATS YOU LIKE A PERSON NOT JUST FOR YOUR MONEY.JAS GOOD LUCK P.S PLUS THE HOTEL IS VERY CLEAN.

The price in Mexico between surgeons isn't a really big difference. I went with Dr. Ortiz because when I met him he seemed to answer all my questions honestly and took as much time as I needed to make me feel comfortable with him. I am having my surgery at the end of June. I believe if you book before the end of this month he is offering a $1000. discount. You should also get his book. I find it very informative. Good Luck deciding and keep us posted, Laura

I'm a 59-year old male, eleven month post-op, and I can only relate what I've seen and done.

Ninety-two pounds, 12 inches off my waist, no more oxygen pumps for 16 hours a day (I gave them to the free med. clinic), insulin injections formerly totalling at least 14 per week, and in excess of 1,000 units of Humulog and Lantus per week...last week I had one tiny injection of 8 units only, and that's when I ate the whole large Three Musketeer bar...blood glucose stays in the 110-112 range all the time with no meds. Blood pressure meds down from 40 mg of Vasotec daily to 10, and I think my doctor is going to drop that or maybe even eliminate it next week.

I take a Centrum Silver chewable vitamin daily, and have adjusted to the things I don't tolerate well. (The breads I eat are grainy and course, not refined and white. I eat cereal at night sometimes. I still eat steak and chicken and fish, love my secret recipe quiches, get plenty of dairy....I've developed a special place for really good cheeses from around the world. I wasn't much of a soda drinker, but don't miss them. I drink unsweetened tea, fine coffees, and lots of water. I'll have an occasional cocktail, and love good wine once or twice a week. For a quick meal on-the-go, I'll grab a Glucerna, and even keep one in my golf bag for energy. The band secret is moderation, and I wake up every morning with a song in my soul...Food is not the driving force in my life, is not the center of my social life, and I'm living life again! Believe me, if you had seen the picture of me last Easter , you would have seen a man who had given up caring, and was without hope. Dr. Ortiz changed all that

I use a local doctor for the three fills I've had so far...no bedside manner, and is quite perfunctory in his work. My next one will be in Tijuana by the pros...

I haven't met all the Lap-Band doctors...but with my whole experience with Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Martinez, Sandy, and Dr. Ortiz' delightful mother (who is really in charge) there cannot be a better surgical staff in the world. They're quick, caring, professional beyond all the doctors I've met in my life except my own personal physician (who's also one of my dear friends). and with the knowledge I have now, I would walk to Tijuana from South Carolina if I had to to get his services. (Sainthood must be in his future for all the miraculous things he can do with a body; I'm so proud to say that he worked miracles on me)

If you have questions or doubts, write me any time....and best of luck.

Arnold