French fries and white bread

Brealeytown

Hello everyone,

I am in the final stages of making my decision about having the lap band fitted, in fact by yesterday evening I had decided to go for it. Then I spoke to two very helpful people who both advised that after banding I would NEVER AGAIN be able to eat bread or french fries, never!!! Both these foods did not contribute to my weight problem, however, I am a rebellious soul and so once I'm told I cann't do/have something it becomes so important to me. I was hoping that I could still eat and drink everything (bread and french fries included) but just in much, much, much smaller portions.

Any advice and personal experience welcomed.

Hola,

You've taken the first step! :D I am newly banded and have tried a tiny piece of frie it was okay. You are to stay away from fries and bread. Remember you need to modify your eating menu with this banded life. That is the key to success. Good luck :rolleyes:

Hola,

You've taken the first step! :D I am newly banded and have tried a tiny piece of frie it was okay. You are to stay away from fries and bread. Remember you need to modify your eating menu with this banded life. That is the key to success. When and with who are you looking into? Good luck :rolleyes:

Although french fries are one of the worst foods you can eat (fried and carbs) I could eat them just fine if I wanted to. But I CHOOSE not to. But they are not a problem.

Fresh doughy bread is an issue for me, but then again, I don't really want to be able to eat it. I can eat crackers and such just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marys

I can eat almost all foods if eaten slowly and chewed to liquid. Ive eaten all sorts of things including pizza, bread, french fries, etc. I'm also losing weigh slower then any bandster I know. However, I always eat the way dr. ortiz recommends with the starchy carbs last. So when I say I ate french fries, I ate about 6-10 not a huge bag from mcdonalds. I've eaten sandwiches but usually 1/2 at a meal, etc. You do have to avoid foods that give you trouble and you should eat protein first, veges second (which are also carbs but good ones), then fruit then the 'bad' carbs so it is possible to get them in. A good healthy well rounded diet with all food groups is best. I am also very careful with certain foods/carbs esp as they do tend to give bandsters trouble.

Hello everyone,

I am in the final stages of making my decision about having the lap band fitted, in fact by yesterday evening I had decided to go for it. Then I spoke to two very helpful people who both advised that after banding I would NEVER AGAIN be able to eat bread or french fries, never!!! Both these foods did not contribute to my weight problem, however, I am a rebellious soul and so once I'm told I cann't do/have something it becomes so important to me. I was hoping that I could still eat and drink everything (bread and french fries included) but just in much, much, much smaller portions.

Any advice and personal experience welcomed.

Hello Brealeytown,

I am Barbra, and I was banded by Dr. Ortiz/Dr. Martinez on April 18, 2006. The success of Lap-band is based on choices you make my friend, it is merely a tool to aide you in making the right choices. You may well be able to eat any and everything that you want after Lap-band, but you must know that in order to lose weight you must burn more calories than you take in. FAT KILLS dear one! French fries and bread clogs arteries and makes you fat. Try telling your rebellious nature that you can have "anything" you choose....but you "choose" to eat healthier, more nutricious foods because you deserve the best that life has to offer. Dr. Miranda is the staff nutritionist at OCC, and she is fantastic! She will counsel with you and advise you on what roll you must play in order to be successful in this new venture. God bless you on this journey and may He guide and direct you in making the right choices for you! Let us hear from you! :) Barbra