How to add a ticker to your signature...

Michelle:

Thanks for sharing the info, however I can't get past the part about the slider or whatever the second step is. I've been doing it yesterday and today and nothing. :wacko: BLAH!! I must be computer challenged this weekend (and normally I'm not) because I can't figure out the picture thing. I have my picture in here but you have to click on my name to see it. I followed your instructions on that too (uploaded the picture to photo bucket) but didn't get far with that either. I think I'll try it all again on Monday!

Well, I think I got the picture thing figured out..........still having problems with the ticker. I sent them an e-mail as I think something is wrong with their site. Hopefully the next time you see me I'll have a ticker too!!

Hugs to everyone!

Well, I think I got the picture thing figured out..........still having problems with the ticker. I sent them an e-mail as I think something is wrong with their site. Hopefully the next time you see me I'll have a ticker too!!

Hugs to everyone!

Good Luck with that.. sorry we couldn't help much!!

MamaMichelle..........

I finally got it. I had to go to another site to get it. I got a reply from the site you told us about and they said it must have something to do with the cookies on my computer. I'm not that great at computers but I can do some things. Anyway I found another site and I got a ticker now!! Or at least I should have..........this my first post with it.

OK, I got my photo on here, my ticker on here..........now I just need my band!!

Hugs to all of you!! ><'

hello, my name is Lorena and I finally decided to have the surgery on June 25th. I am at 178 lbs myself so your post caught my eye because you just had your surgery last month. would you kindly share with me some of the details and personal questions, I will absolutely understand if you don't want to.

I am 5'5 and 178lbs. my goal weight is 125lbs. what about you?

scars - do you know if there will be scars left from the surgery?

how much are the refills? have you had any?

what are you eating? did you purchase the shakes from the clinic?

thank you so much for your responses. i am anxiously awaiting my turn.

• 4 weeks later...
I posted these instructions before but it was buried in another thread so here it is for those who still want to add a ticker!

Here is how to make the weight loss tickers (for those who are still trying):

First visit this link (I suggest doing it in a separate window)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/tick...gner.php?type=3

Select your ticker ruler- click next

Select your ticker slider- click next

Enter in your weight information and create a pin- click next

Use Ctrl+C to cut the text from the first box (aka the bbCode box)

Return to the lapbandforum.com site by clicking on this link to Edit your signature:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=22

Use Ctrl+V to paste the ticker info into the signature box

Click- Update my signature and you should see the ticker image at the top of that page,

if you see just text something is wrong!

Hope this helps!

i have tried a couple of times to add a ticker tape, not working.

grace

How do I get to the link to update the weight loss?

You should be able to click on your tickr picture everytime you want to update it, it will open the tickerfactory.com page in a new window... Just enter in your pin and make the edits you need to, then click Next and it will automactically change it in your signature no need to fix anything on this site.

i have tried a couple of times to add a ticker tape, not working.

grace

Grace you are missing an weight.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am trying to update my ticker and it keeps giving me the following error message:

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have a ticker on there now and i'm basically trying just to replace it with the new updated info.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Shelby

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for those great instructions...I just can't get it to show a picture instead of all the code - has anyone else had this problem? I also can't get my signature to work...grrrrrrrr

Thanks

Jen :wacko:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I posted these instructions before but it was buried in another thread so here it is for those who still want to add a ticker!

Here is how to make the weight loss tickers (for those who are still trying):

First visit this link (I suggest doing it in a separate window)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/tick...gner.php?type=3

Select your ticker ruler- click next

Select your ticker slider- click next

Enter in your weight information and create a pin- click next

Use Ctrl+C to cut the text from the first box (aka the bbCode box)

Return to the lapbandforum.com site by clicking on this link to Edit your signature:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=22

Use Ctrl+V to paste the ticker info into the signature box

Click- Update my signature and you should see the ticker image at the top of that page,

if you see just text something is wrong!

Hope this helps!

Thank you I kept trying to do it myself and once I found your post worked first time!