Anyone getting banded in May??

I haven't booked my flight yet. I have a dr. appointment for a large ovarian cyst and I'm worried he's going to want to operate to remove it. It's a follow-up appt. Can I have surgery twice in a month? Is that safe?

I applied for my passport a few weeks ago. Caroline said I wouldn't need it if we came in before June 1, but since it's so close and just in case... I'm 30 years old. It's about time I had a passport anyway. Who knows when I might win an exotic vacation?? ;)

Way to go momma....

I haven't booked my flight yet. I have a dr. appointment for a large ovarian cyst and I'm worried he's going to want to operate to remove it. It's a follow-up appt. Can I have surgery twice in a month? Is that safe?

I applied for my passport a few weeks ago. Caroline said I wouldn't need it if we came in before June 1, but since it's so close and just in case... I'm 30 years old. It's about time I had a passport anyway. Who knows when I might win an exotic vacation?? ;)

Way to go momma....

Yes, you could win an all expense paid trip to Tijuana!!

As far as having surgery twice in a month, I am not sure...The banding is considered elective. If the cyst is persistant, they may want to remove it first. I hope it's gone! Its up to you and what your doctors recommend..

Audrey :D

My passport came today... =D> My pic is sooooo fat on it. :((

I was worried about going under and the impact on my body and my heart twice in a month. Then I search and read that at the OCC you don't have to be intubated and that made me feel much better. I had a horrible experience during a gallbladder surgery 3 days after childbirth during extubation, which is when my heart went CRAZY, my lungs filled with fluid and I almost died and woke up in ICU on a ventilator...so I have LOTS of anxiety about that part. Now that I know that won't be happening, I'll almost certainly have the surgery even if they have to take this pesky cyst out.

Now I can't hardly wait. Neither can my clothes. They are busting off me.

quote name='GaGirl77' date='Apr 5 2008, 12:40 PM' post='21381']

My passport came today... =D> My pic is sooooo fat on it. :((

I was worried about going under and the impact on my body and my heart twice in a month. Then I search and read that at the OCC you don't have to be intubated and that made me feel much better. I had a horrible experience during a gallbladder surgery 3 days after childbirth during extubation, which is when my heart went CRAZY, my lungs filled with fluid and I almost died and woke up in ICU on a ventilator...so I have LOTS of anxiety about that part. Now that I know that won't be happening, I'll almost certainly have the surgery even if they have to take this pesky cyst out.

Now I can't hardly wait. Neither can my clothes. They are busting off me.

My passport shows this terrible double chin!! :o

There are ways to put you to sleep without intubation, but they will do whatever is the safest. I am so sorry you had so many problems, and I don't blame you for being scared..Are you bringing anyone with you?

I just set my date today and I am so excited! WOO!

I'll arrive on May 7 and have surgery on the 8th. My step-mom will be with me and we can't wait to do a little shopping.

Hugs to all!

Jena

Yes my daughter I are being banded together.We fly out on May 1st & will be banded May 2nd.We are ready & excited.

Prissy

Yes my daughter I are being banded together.We fly out on May 1st & will be banded May 2nd.We are ready & excited.

Prissy

This is so exciting! It's wonderful that you and your daughter are doing this together. Too bad that we'll miss each other by a few days.

I finally made 20 pounds down in 4 weeks! Of course I started at 323.5 so I'm not surprised that I lost a lot, but 20 pounds in 4 weeks is pretty darn good. 4 more weeks to go and hopefully I'll lose 5-10 more. I expect my weight loss to slow down pretty soon.

How's everyone else doing on the before-diet-diet?

Hi Kim,

Sounds great! Being from the Pacific NW, I look forward to any chance to spend some time in the sun. I am flying in from Portland, OR.

I fly back on Sunday morning. I could have probably left on Saturday, but thought it would be better to hang around, just in case.

Don't worry about the posting errors. I'm pretty computer savvy, but this is a challenge! :-?

Audrey

Hi Audrey, I'm also from Portland and having surgery on the 14th of May! I just had my 50th birthday and want to spend the last (half :rolleyes: ) of my life thin!