gaining weight

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone had this problem. When I filled out the paper work for the surgery I weighed 210 and last week when I weighed myself before starting the diet I weighed 215. I lost 5 pounds this week on the pre-op diet and i have 1 more week till I get banded by Dr Ortez, Im sure i will loose 5 more pounds will that be enough? I dont know maybe im over thinking this. I just want everything to go smoothly. Help :unsure:

Christine Nicholsen

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone had this problem. When I filled out the paper work for the surgery I weighed 210 and last week when I weighed myself before starting the diet I weighed 215. I lost 5 pounds this week on the pre-op diet and i have 1 more week till I get banded by Dr Ortez, Im sure i will loose 5 more pounds will that be enough? I dont know maybe im over thinking this. I just want everything to go smoothly. Help :unsure:

Christine Nicholsen

You should talk to Dr. Miranda. She will tell you how much, if any, she wants you to lose. She wanted me to lose 20, but then again, my BMI was 50 and I weighed 289. I lost 17 and that was fine with them.

Yes do no worry about that. When I first filled out my paperwork I weighed 220 but by the time I went on my pre-op I weighed 224. They will tell you to just change your weight on your paperwork because they are going to ask you for it when you go to TJ so make sure you take it with you. As far as the pre-op weight loss goes - just try your best. I only lost 6 of the 11 lbs I was supposed to lose and they did not have to resechedule surgery or anything. Lori says that they do it all the time though so don't take the pre-op diet lightly. Really try. But don't sweat the weight gain. You can just change it on your paperwork.

What a relief to hear from some of you that OCC will move forward with the surgery even if you haven't lost all the weight Dr. Miranda suggests. When I filled out my paperwork I put down 260. In two weeks, I've only lost about 5 lbs. AND that's on my scale at home in the morning. I weighed myself at work in the afternoon today and it showed 259. How depressing! I'm walking and doing several shakes a day and maybe a salad. The only thing I am sure about is I've cut back oh so much on my fat intake.

Surgery day is 4/21 and I am so excited. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading all the comments. Before I decided to do the lap band, I was nervous as hell. Now, after reading about everyone's experiences and helpful hints, I am truly confident that I made the right decision.

Barb

What a relief to hear from some of you that OCC will move forward with the surgery even if you haven't lost all the weight Dr. Miranda suggests. When I filled out my paperwork I put down 260. In two weeks, I've only lost about 5 lbs. AND that's on my scale at home in the morning. I weighed myself at work in the afternoon today and it showed 259. How depressing! I'm walking and doing several shakes a day and maybe a salad. The only thing I am sure about is I've cut back oh so much on my fat intake.

Surgery day is 4/21 and I am so excited. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading all the comments. Before I decided to do the lap band, I was nervous as hell. Now, after reading about everyone's experiences and helpful hints, I am truly confident that I made the right decision.

Barb

I have heard from a few people that Dr. Miranda's scales are a little more forgiving than their home scales, where people went in thinking they only lost a few pounds but that when they were weighed at OCC they lost more than expected!