to swallow the barium or not....

My FIRST fill is sch on thrusday and i am HOPING that its a good fill! I am ready to start losing weight again!!! I am doing the fluro- but was wondering if you guys think the barium is important to do or not.. I live pretty close to the fill center- about an hour away- Let me know what you think! Hope all is well with everyone! ( i cant belive its already been six weeks!) :lol:

My FIRST fill is sch on thrusday and i am HOPING that its a good fill! I am ready to start losing weight again!!! I am doing the fluro- but was wondering if you guys think the barium is important to do or not.. I live pretty close to the fill center- about an hour away- Let me know what you think! Hope all is well with everyone! ( i cant belive its already been six weeks!) :lol:

First off Mackenzie- I icon12.gif U!

As far as I know the Barium is the liquid you have to swallow to do the Fluro, that's what shows up on the screen... Are you asking if you should do the Fluro or not?

First off Mackenzie- I icon12.gif U!

As far as I know the Barium is the liquid you have to swallow to do the Fluro, that's what shows up on the screen... Are you asking if you should do the Fluro or not?

michelle!! thank you! I need to take a trip to vegas to visit you! at the fill center I am going to- my appt is for a fill with fluro, but they were saying that swallowing the barium is optional....weird.... i think ill just do it- its only $75 more I thought that the fluro was to tell where the port was so they were poking all around on my stomach?! Im confused! hahah PS- One more pound to go until -40, THAT IS AWESOME!

I thought about it last night...

I have heard of some surgeons doing a quick fluro check before releasing a patient after surgery- obviously after surgery the band is unfilled then so no barrium needed. So maybe having fluro alone is something similar to an x-ray, just to check the band placement to make sure there is no slippage or issues.

So during a fill they could do only fluro to check the band, but without the barrium the tech (and you) won't be able to view how liquid is able to flow through the band. CindyTerry just posted about her fill here: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5499 that should help explain how the barrium is used WITH the fluro to get the best fill possible!