Having trouble staying on the post-op liquids!!

Hello all!!

I was banded on 3-25 and I'm struggling with the post-op liquids. I've cheated 4 times already and I feel terrible. I've lost 15lbs. total since I started the pre-op diet. I just can't stay focused, I want FOOD!! I don't want to get back into my old habits of over eating, and I'm worried that I'll hurt myself [meaning the band.] How is everyone handling this?? I do feel alot stronger now and the gas pains are finally gone. How soon after surgery did you all get back into "life"? I need to get my house Spring cleaned... would it be too soon to start? That's something that I know would keep me busy and help get me moving. It was a really nice day here in Pa., so my daughter and I took a nice walk. I want to do that more often.

Thanks for listening and if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them!! :-h

Darlene

First off, you aren't alone! Lot's of people struggle with the post op phase.. Read the Food Detox post a few posts below it should help you rationalize that the liquid op isn't just meant to torture you there's a good reason for it and it's not just so your band can heal. This is where you have to get your head on straight and learn to eat to live and not live to eat!

Hello all!!

I was banded on 3-25 and I'm struggling with the post-op liquids. I've cheated 4 times already and I feel terrible. I've lost 15lbs. total since I started the pre-op diet. I just can't stay focused, I want FOOD!! I don't want to get back into my old habits of over eating, and I'm worried that I'll hurt myself [meaning the band.] How is everyone handling this?? I do feel alot stronger now and the gas pains are finally gone. How soon after surgery did you all get back into "life"? I need to get my house Spring cleaned... would it be too soon to start? That's something that I know would keep me busy and help get me moving. It was a really nice day here in Pa., so my daughter and I took a nice walk. I want to do that more often.

Thanks for listening and if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them!! :-h

Darlene

Darlene,

I struggles so bad too, then the guilt is soooo bad. I'm going to take Michelles advice on the book!!!

Good luck, stay strong!!

Donna

Hi Ladies and Thank you!!

I'm still struggling but am trying very hard to keep my head on straight! I read the thread about food detox and although I understand, I'm having trouble wrapping my food soaked brain around it!! [Like I said, I suck!!]

Right after my surgery, as I was waited in the airport between flights, people were walking around eating food. A lady sat right next to me eating Popeye's chicken and I thought I was gonna puke!! All the smells from the different resturants actually made me feel sick. I wish I could feel that way about food all the time, totally turned off by it. Unfortunately, that feeling has past and I miss my best friend. I wish I could come to the realization that I'm supposed to feed my body, not stuff my face. My fight, I know, is with head hunger.... I've not let myself feel actual hunger. I want this to work for me and I so appreciate eveyone on this forum for their support.... it means the world to me!! =D> :-h

Darlene

I think that most people who are banded feel this way. It is VERY HARD, but no one said that it was going to be easy. Keep in mind that the liquid post op isnt forever! If you stick to it for the 21 days, it is, like michelle said, a detox. Ive had foods that i LOVED before, and now, after ive been thru the pre-op/post-op diets, I dont like them anymore. Also, remember why you got the band in the first place. Put notes up on your fridge, dont put foods in your house that you would binge on. The last thing you want to hear is that it gets easier, bc that is not in sight right now, but it does.

I am going back on the pre-op diet for about a week or so to get myself thinking about portions again correctly, as I havent been feeling hungry around dinner time, or before I go to bed. You will be able to eat again soon....dont risk your band by cheating.

I think I'm paying my come-upence for my cheating. I have felt tight all day and my shoulder pain has returned. I went to the store to get some more drinkable yogurt and soups and I couldn't wait to get home. All I've had today is about a quater cup of coffee, a drinkable yogurt and some sips of water. I'm now slowly drinking a cup of broth and it seems to be loosening things up a little. Thanks again for your support and advice..... God bless this forum!!