Leaving tomorrow for OCC

Aw, Honey, It will be okay, and your anxiety is perfectly normal.

I am sure you will meet some friends there; not everyone uses the forums.

Let us hear how you are when you get home.

Hi all,

Tomorrow I go to the OCC. Little bit nervous today. I haven't heard from anyone who is also going. Maybe it is a slow day. Anyway, thanks for being here.

Wendy

You'll do fine Wendy!!! ><' You're in good hands!! Best wishes!! Darlene

Hey Wendy!!

You are going to do great girl!! ><' Big Hugs from all of your Bandster Family!!

I'm sure you're all packed up but have you taken any "Before" pictures?? I felt like crying when I saw mine, but then I reminded myself I WILL NEVER LOOK LIKE THIS AGAIN so I put them away until I took my 1 month post op pictures and when I saw the difference I was so happy I took those before pics!!

Good luck tomorrow, keep in touch!

I do have before pictures. They are reality staring me in the face! Now I can put them away until I am ready to compare new ones.

And actually, I am not packed at all. Better get on it.

Thanks Michelle.

I do have before pictures. They are reality staring me in the face! Now I can put them away until I am ready to compare new ones.

And actually, I am not packed at all. Better get on it.

Thanks Michelle.

All the best to you! Once you get there you'll be fine.

Just think this the beginning of the rest of your life...as a healthier and thinner person!!

Take care and keep in touch!

Cathy

You are gonna be just fine! ><'

Also, you will meet many friends while you are there that may not post here.

Wendy, It is completely normal to be nervous. I was as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :lol: You will be fine though. From the time Franscisco picks you up from the airport to the time he drops you off everything and everyone is top notch. You'll see and all your worries will be laid to rest. Thoughts and prayers with you!

Hi Wendy,

I was banded on the 2nd and all went well. You will love the entire staff at OCC. Just remember to walk, walk, walk after you wake up. It's the best thing for the gassy pain in the shoulder - I've been told. It's been six days for me and I still have it;but I think it seems to be subsiding.

Best, Helen ><'

Hi all,

Tomorrow I go to the OCC. Little bit nervous today. I haven't heard from anyone who is also going. Maybe it is a slow day. Anyway, thanks for being here.

Wendy

Hey Wendy, I too tried to find other "to be bandees" on the forum before my surgery on the 1st and did'nt get any replies. I went down solo and I was so looking forward to this that I never had any thoughts of being scared or alone. Once I arrived to the OCC and met the other bandees it was GREAT! There's something about going thru the process together that creates a bonding with one another. I was also lucky cuz only 4 of us were scheduled for the surgery that day, so it was really a calm and smooth experience. The staff is fun, caring and never once did I feel like they were rushed to get to another patient.

I would advise you take some phayzme and gas-X strips, liquid tylenol and 1-2 bottles of H2O. Order your vitamins before you go and be sure to make home made broths, this really saved me!

Walking is a must do and you'll have company with your other bandee buddies. We really had fun running around the OCC together!

I for one felt really good from the start. I have had bunches of energy. Today is the 1 week anniversary of my surgery and yesterday I walked 2 1/2 miles, I was cautious not to break a sweat. The walking feels soooo good for the gas and the body!

The only discomfort I experienced was some gas, nothing like some others and soreness with the incision where the port is. If I turn a certain way it burns. None of this is intolerable at all.

Today I feel even better, no weakness and no hunger.

Hope this helps, good luck tomorrow! Pargirl