May Surgeries

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all you May bandsters! Well, I have been really struggling here with making a final decision about switching my surgery date from end of July to end of May. I am so excited to get this done, and I really don't want to wait. Me being the impatient girl that I am, had already purchased airline tickets for the July date. Well, I emailed Rene at OCC and said 'lets switch to may 23' - he emailed back and said that the 23 wasn't open but th 22nd was open. I thought about it, and did the math about how I could fenangle this with my sick hours/vacation hours at work, and decided against it. I already have a mini vaca planned in June and decided I wouldn't have enough time to also have the may surgery (especially mid-week). So I emailed Rene and said 'okay lets keep it my original date.' So, NOW I am really just beside myself, and today I decided that I am switching it. I can't wait any longer I am ready to do this - the sooner the better! I switched my flight today (at the cost of an extra $211.00 but heck, its worth it), and I emailed Rene for a may 30th date. This way, I will only have to take ONE day off of work because I can flex my time and get my 40 hours in within 4 days (I make my own work schedule - which is great) so I will only have to take one day of sick time. SO..... long story short, Rene is probably like 'what the heck lady make up your mind!!!' and I am finally set and feeling much happier now that I only have A MONTH until surgery! =D> YAY!

SO, ANY OTHER MAY 30TH BANDSTERS OUT THERE LURKING?? IF SO, SHOW YOUR FACES! :D can't wait!

Teri

So glad to hear someone else is goingfor that same day that post on this forum. I am looking forward to meeting you. Are you coming alone? I will have my husband with me but we would love to maybe get together. What area are you from?

Lorrie - dimples1966

Hi Lorrie,

I am going with a friend of mine. We are coming from Mesa, Arizona. No worries, I have a friend that had this done by OCC about 4 years ago and she said it was the best thing she ever did and has never regretted it. I am going to be in a non-private room so I am wondering who my roomie is. My only concern is how long we have to wear the paper panties before I can return to my cotton comfeys!! Teri- petnanny :wacko:

Hi! B)

I was wondering if I was going to be the only one there. It's great to meet you. We will be fine.

Are you bringing any with you? What time does your flight get in from AZ?

Looking forward to the 23rd.

Audrey

hey audrey

southwest flight from az will arrive at 1:35. we're leaving at 12:30 on the 22nd... hoping to have fun the evening before the surgery (shopping, some possible pampering (massages). I know we'll have fun... now make may 22 happen asap. I cannot wait any longer. very nervous and oh soooo excited...

keep in touch

hey audrey

southwest flight from az will arrive at 1:35. we're leaving at 12:30 on the 22nd... hoping to have fun the evening before the surgery (shopping, some possible pampering (massages). I know we'll have fun... now make may 22 happen asap. I cannot wait any longer. very nervous and oh soooo excited...

keep in touch

Great to hear from you. I get in at 9:30 AM. I hate those 6 AM flights, but it was so much cheaper. I like the pampering idea. I've had too many "last meals." LOL.. I think that's one of the reasons why I am here!

I am not nervous; I just want it to get here! :D I was talked out of this by a sister, from Phoenix, about 6 mos ago.

I can't wait!

Audrey

Hi Lorrie,

I am going with a friend of mine. We are coming from Mesa, Arizona. No worries, I have a friend that had this done by OCC about 4 years ago and she said it was the best thing she ever did and has never regretted it. I am going to be in a non-private room so I am wondering who my roomie is. My only concern is how long we have to wear the paper panties before I can return to my cotton comfeys!! Teri- petnanny :wacko:

Hi Teri,

How do you know you don't have a private room? No one has told me anything about my room. I requested to have surgery early in the morning so that maybe I could go back to the hotel that same day. Yes those paper panties don't sound like alot of fun...LOL :D

Hey all you May bandsters! Well, I have been really struggling here with making a final decision about switching my surgery date from end of July to end of May. I am so excited to get this done, and I really don't want to wait. Me being the impatient girl that I am, had already purchased airline tickets for the July date. Well, I emailed Rene at OCC and said 'lets switch to may 23' - he emailed back and said that the 23 wasn't open but th 22nd was open. I thought about it, and did the math about how I could fenangle this with my sick hours/vacation hours at work, and decided against it. I already have a mini vaca planned in June and decided I wouldn't have enough time to also have the may surgery (especially mid-week). So I emailed Rene and said 'okay lets keep it my original date.' So, NOW I am really just beside myself, and today I decided that I am switching it. I can't wait any longer I am ready to do this - the sooner the better! I switched my flight today (at the cost of an extra $211.00 but heck, its worth it), and I emailed Rene for a may 30th date. This way, I will only have to take ONE day off of work because I can flex my time and get my 40 hours in within 4 days (I make my own work schedule - which is great) so I will only have to take one day of sick time. SO..... long story short, Rene is probably like 'what the heck lady make up your mind!!!' and I am finally set and feeling much happier now that I only have A MONTH until surgery! =D> YAY!

SO, ANY OTHER MAY 30TH BANDSTERS OUT THERE LURKING?? IF SO, SHOW YOUR FACES! :D can't wait!

Laughing.... you are so normal.... once the decision to have the surgery is made, it becomes a date obsession until it finally arrives. Funny how we count our lives by events.. first the surgery, and then the fill.

I arrive on May 28th and the big day is May 29th. I both excited and scared at the same time kwim...

Question...Do I need to so anything with regards to hotel booking or do they do it?

and who do I send my flight itinerary to?

You don't have to worry about your hotel accomodations... they take care of it all. I think you send your flight itinerary to the secretary.. can't think of her name, but I also sent one to the transportation dept, and later called transportation to double check, making sure they had everything right.

Hi Teri,

How do you know you don't have a private room? No one has told me anything about my room. I requested to have surgery early in the morning so that maybe I could go back to the hotel that same day. Yes those paper panties don't sound like alot of fun...LOL :D

Unless they tell you otherwise, you have a private room. Also, the paper panties are a HOOT. As a fattie, I have never worn a thong, and this was my chance. I laughed so hard. Many of our forum got an extra pair and had the doctor sign them as a souvenier. Go with the flow.. the whole thing is facinating.

Unless they tell you otherwise, you have a private room. Also, the paper panties are a HOOT. As a fattie, I have never worn a thong, and this was my chance. I laughed so hard. Many of our forum got an extra pair and had the doctor sign them as a souvenier. Go with the flow.. the whole thing is facinating.

Hey Paula,

Yes, they did tell me I dont have a private room because this was the only time that I had to escape from here and I think all the rooms were full. As a fattie, I once bought a thong and now keep it in my drawer to remind me of not purchasing stupid things, besides, I have all the dental floss I need in the bathroom! Teri

Hi Teri,

Hi.... They told me that I wouldnt be in a private room, they would have told you already. I just found out on the forum that I may not have a tv soooooo, I will be fighting tooth and nail to go back to the hotel that day. I have to do my tests on the same day since I do not get into San Diego until 6:20 Wednesday eve. I can not wait... Im sooo excited. By the way, my friend is a true friend because she plans on going on a strict diet when I get home so I dont have to suffer alone! Glad your hubby is there for you!!!See you Wednesday, I am 5'6, blonde bob hair and a little bit loud so you should be able to find me!! I never shut up eighter so I think the nurses will welcome my early departure! 2 days left!!! Teri

Hey Paula,

Yes, they did tell me I dont have a private room because this was the only time that I had to escape from here and I think all the rooms were full. As a fattie, I once bought a thong and now keep it in my drawer to remind me of not purchasing stupid things, besides, I have all the dental floss I need in the bathroom! Teri

Oh come on guys.. Thongs rock.. I have worn one no matter what size I am since the mid-80's

Oh come on guys.. Thongs rock.. I have worn one no matter what size I am since the mid-80's

I tried a thong. I realized I hate to have something up my you-know-where. :lb12:

I woulld rather go commando than anything else. :o

Hey Redgridj - so what did you decide with the corset? Are you going to keep wearing them?

Jena

Hello Portland Ladies. Please keep in touch with me! Im Vancouver Wa and getting banded on the 29th of April. SO EXCITED!

Hello Nebs mom, I really think we should all try and set a date to get together and just meet .... There seems to be alot of us from Portland and V.C. people on here... That would be so much fun maybe we should think about it..... I get banded on May 26th ..... Cant wait well would love to hear back on what you think of trying to arrange something...Bye for now Crissi :-h :-?

• 7 months later...