First Fill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went this morning for my first fill about an hour from my house at a fill center. I wouldve LOVED to go back to Dr. Ortiz, but its just a little too expensive for my hubby and I at the moment. I thought that I would be going to a place called "Fill center USA", I was wrong. I ended up at a Dr. office. I was a little weired out by that for a bit. I filled out some paperwork and was then weighed on a scale like the one at the OCC in Dr. Mirandas office. Then i was taken back to the room with the Fluro machine. I met the nurse, Kathie, who was AMAZING! She saw that I was done by Dr. O and was SO happy. She said "Dr. Ortiz is my favorite! I love him!" She asked me if i was nervous and I said that I was just nervous about everything being in-order inside of me. She looked at me and assured me that Dr. Ortiz is a genious and that he has never let her down. she actually refers her patients to him INSTEAD of a US Dr. which made me so much more proud and no longer ashamed of having my surgery in Mexico (and I only felt that way bc of OTHER peoples reactions).

Back to the fill, she layed me down and turned the Fluro machine on and found my port. I got to see my band which was really cool and she said, suprise suprise its perfect! They then numbed me with some spray which was more painful then the needle! She put it in, and i didnt feel a thing. They she made me sit up and drink cold water as she filled me and asked me what I was feeling. She ended up giving me 5ccs in a 10cc VG band. ** she also gave me some background info on my band and I am VERY HAPPY that dr. o picked the vg band for me she said that its safer for your body the way its designed and a lot of other stuff!**

I can DEF feel a difference even with drinking water. I LOVE IT! After we talked for 5-10 minutes or so, she grabbed the needle and pulled it out... that was SUCH a weird feeling!!! It was just weird bc usually a needle just slides out, but this took a LOT of pulling since it goes into the port.

I drink clear liquids until noon tomorrow, then protein shakes or creamy soups at noon and then at noon on sat. back to solids but start with scrambled eggs or oatmeal. I AM SO EXCITED! I am ready to start losing weight again, and using my fill to become REALLY aware of what im eating, and when Im full as the last few days I have forgotten about that since i had no restriction.

Good luck to those getting your first fill soon- its a breeze- i enjoyed it!

Way to go!! It sounds like it was a breeze! I can't wait to see if you can tell a difference in your eating. Please keep me informed! =D>

Hello and congrats!! Nice to hear that everything went so well!! I'm not sure how soon I'll be getting my first fill... the money thing! I'd like to go back to Dr. O, not sure if I'll get to. I wish there was a fill Doc close to me that was so good to Dr. O's patients. I'm afraid to call anyone else cause they're so cold. Best wishes with your fill!! =D> Darlene

Yay.. so glad that went so well for you! I am with the others... will be anxious to hear more

Mackenzie...I live in central florida...was it the one listed in Tampa or St Pete...I know your post says St Pete but I just wanted to double check....I was just banded on Monday and will keep the info for future reference...thanks and good luck!

Way to go Mackenzie, I too am going to use Fill Centers USA. I will be going May 3rd. Thanks for making me feel a little better about my decision.

Mackenzie...I live in central florida...was it the one listed in Tampa or St Pete...I know your post says St Pete but I just wanted to double check....I was just banded on Monday and will keep the info for future reference...thanks and good luck!

Hey! it was st. pete- the nurse was AWESOME! i will DEFINETLEY go back to her- no questions asked. She also unfills WHENEVER for free! Usually they give you like 72 hours to come back for an unfill to do it for free. I would send people her as I would the OCC!

Yay MacKenzie! I'm so jealous.. to start loosing weight again and that full feeling (I really miss it). The gals and I go next week.. so I reallllly can't wait! Keep us posted and thanks for the info on the fill. Am still squeamish about the thought of that long needle! eeekkks..

Hanna =D>

hanna-- I told them that i didnt want to see the needle until it was over- and GOOD THING I DIDNT ! hahahahha it was quite large! But they numbed it with some sort of spray and i didnt feel a thing. I would just tell them that you dont want to see it- it really helped a lot!

Good luck!!! I feel full just after drinking water! Its weird- I am happy that I wont be able to eat as much but sad at the same time I havent quite broke that high i get from food- but im about 80% better! Now is when the REAL work begins bc eating too much is very dangerous for me now that Im filled!

Have a good weekend!

I went this morning for my first fill about an hour from my house at a fill center. I wouldve LOVED to go back to Dr. Ortiz, but its just a little too expensive for my hubby and I at the moment. I thought that I would be going to a place called "Fill center USA", I was wrong. I ended up at a Dr. office. I was a little weired out by that for a bit. I filled out some paperwork and was then weighed on a scale like the one at the OCC in Dr. Mirandas office. Then i was taken back to the room with the Fluro machine. I met the nurse, Kathie, who was AMAZING! She saw that I was done by Dr. O and was SO happy. She said "Dr. Ortiz is my favorite! I love him!" She asked me if i was nervous and I said that I was just nervous about everything being in-order inside of me. She looked at me and assured me that Dr. Ortiz is a genious and that he has never let her down. she actually refers her patients to him INSTEAD of a US Dr. which made me so much more proud and no longer ashamed of having my surgery in Mexico (and I only felt that way bc of OTHER peoples reactions).

Back to the fill, she layed me down and turned the Fluro machine on and found my port. I got to see my band which was really cool and she said, suprise suprise its perfect! They then numbed me with some spray which was more painful then the needle! She put it in, and i didnt feel a thing. They she made me sit up and drink cold water as she filled me and asked me what I was feeling. She ended up giving me 5ccs in a 10cc VG band. ** she also gave me some background info on my band and I am VERY HAPPY that dr. o picked the vg band for me she said that its safer for your body the way its designed and a lot of other stuff!**

I can DEF feel a difference even with drinking water. I LOVE IT! After we talked for 5-10 minutes or so, she grabbed the needle and pulled it out... that was SUCH a weird feeling!!! It was just weird bc usually a needle just slides out, but this took a LOT of pulling since it goes into the port.

I drink clear liquids until noon tomorrow, then protein shakes or creamy soups at noon and then at noon on sat. back to solids but start with scrambled eggs or oatmeal. I AM SO EXCITED! I am ready to start losing weight again, and using my fill to become REALLY aware of what im eating, and when Im full as the last few days I have forgotten about that since i had no restriction.

Good luck to those getting your first fill soon- its a breeze- i enjoyed it!

SO GLAD TO HERE EVERYTHING WENT GREAT FOR YOUR 1ST FILL.I LIVE IN SW FLORIDA.I AM WILLING TO DRIVE 2HRS. ,GIVE ME NAME & ADDRESS.I WILL BE BANDED MAY 2ND,SO EXCITED.

PRISSY

I am so glad to hear how your fill went. I was just banded on Mon 4-7, so as you know, the next big step is the first fill. What did they charge you for your fill? It really sounds like a relaxing experience. Please let me know, I hope to go with a fellow bandster! :rolleyes:

I heard Kathie is the best there is in Central Florida. I was banded 3/7 and I'm due for my first fill soon. I have done research and as it seems she's the best they have. She is a Mid-Wife and even though I still feel weird thinking about it I was reassured she's properly trained. Even though Tampa is closer to Groveland, I am going to Kathie in St Pete. she also does the fluroscoy free, not likie the other Mid-Wife in Tampa.