How often do you weigh?

I weigh every morning..I can't help it. I know the scales are the Devil..but they call my name. :unsure:

I am hoping when the newness wears off of having the lap band I can start weighing once a week.

I weigh once every 4 days or so. I worry that I'll let the scale set my mood for the day and the scale doesn't always tell you what you want to hear! :wacko:

I've stalled a little now that I'm eating real food, but I know my weight loss will start up again soon.

I used to weigh everyday but I am not one of those people who let what the scale says determine what kind of day I am going to have. I have been on a downward trend right now thanks to my band but even when I was gaining my weight I wouldn't obsess about it, lol maybe that's why I got so heavy I wasn't concerned enough about it!

Right now I am weighing in twice a week on Thursdays because that is the day of my surgery so I can record my 2 week results, 3 week results, and so on. I also weigh on Mondays since my weekend eating habits are worse than what I consume during the week so I can see how I've done.. I even think knowing that I will be weighing in on Monday helps me to be more aware of my weekend eating!

10_10_2.gif

Boy oh boy Kimmie, are you ever right about the scales being the Devil. When I arrived home from surgery I ran right upstairs and jumped right on the scales. My good mood crashed immediately. I had gained 7 lbs from the day I left. I was really depressed. Then I realized it was water retention but I was still upset.

It's now 5 days post-op and the 7 lbs are gone as of this morning. ...but I'll be back on that scale tomorrow and hopefully I'll start to see a loss. I'm calling this my 'honeymoon period with the band'. I am consumed with it right now. Hopefully it will wean a bit in the next few months.

Denise

I am with you Kimmie, with the newness I have been on the scale every day or every other day. Hopefully we can calm down when we realize it will be coming off as we do our best. But MammaMichelle that is a wonderful idea about the twice a week. My weekend habits tend to be very bad also so I might have to adopt your plan! Thanks so much both of you, we are all a bunch of kids in a candy store...ready to get that weight off!

Good luck

Jacklyn

I don't even own a scale at home. When I moved 4 years ago into our new house mine broke.....I started to buy another one but it depressed me everytime I got on the dawg-gone thing so I said - well I just won't replace it. So when I started the banding process, I started weighing at work. They have these really huge digital scales for the patients and they are very accurate. So, since I only work 2 days a week I usually only weigh then - but just one of those 2 days. I am working tomorrow and have not weighed since last Thursday. I am so dreading it....I feel like I have gained a couple of pounds. But....only 2.5weeks until my first fill.

To those of you getting your first fill this week - please post your experience ASAP....we can't wait to find out how it goes.

I weigh in twice a day, morning & night. It's an obsession.

It was not weighing myself daily that caused me to gain weight... so when I would finally step on the scale, I had already gained 15 lb.! Now, while I know weight fluctuates daily due to many other factors, not necessarily gaining fat - at least that daily reminder of where I'm at is enough to remind me to be mindful of what I'm putting in my body that day. And if I've suddenly gained a pound or two and I cut back on the calories or increase my exercise level, well then it's just a bonus that that extra weight was just water... and I'm now two steps ahead of the game (or the gain). :-)

Hi All

I so glad I'm not the only scale addict. I kept hiding them, under the bed ,in the closet under my husbands clothes. However I always found them the next morning.LoL I have now resorted to my husband taking them to work and then only brings them back once a week. Even though I have offered some very inventive things he has not brought them home for any extra weighins.

Nicolek

i weighed every morning the first 16 months - now that i down to almost the size i want (12) i just go by how tight my jeans feel and wt maybe once a week. now i am more concerned about getting my big rearend in a size 10 than what the scales say. if the jeans start feeling tight though i do make a conscious effort to wt the next day to make sure i am maintaining or losing.

Hi All

I so glad I'm not the only scale addict. I kept hiding them, under the bed ,in the closet under my husbands clothes. However I always found them the next morning.LoL I have now resorted to my husband taking them to work and then only brings them back once a week. Even though I have offered some very inventive things he has not brought them home for any extra weighins.

Nicolek

lol Nicole that is hilarious can't believe he turned you down...

I weigh every morning. For me, its a source of accountability. I don't obsess over it...I can go two weeks without dropping a single pound (or right now over a month), and then it goes down 3 lbs in one day. But, when I don't weigh...there's a reason for it. It usually means I've been naughty (food-wise) and I don't want to know! So, keeping a daily eye on it, helps me...

Hi All

Nicolek

That is hilarious!! I love that! :lb23:

Damn those scales!!!

I'm on my pre-op diet and have lost the weight Dr. Miranda wanted me to, but I'm keeping it up until I get banded in 3 weeks and 2 days. I have been gaining and losing the same 1/2 freaking pound for 9 days now. I told myself after I weighed this morning that those damn scales are going into the closet for a while.

:angry: Jena

Hi All

Nicolek

I did the same thing.. had my husband take control of the scales. As you can see in my picture, he is skinny as a rail, so he NEVER weighs. Sometimes he hides the scales in the house, and sometimes he takes them to work. He brings them home (or unhides them) on Fridays for me to weigh.

Works great for me, because I am one of those addictive personalities that would weigh multiple times a day if the scales were accessible.

OK everyone get ready to FREAK OUT and call me CRAZY!!!! I weight ummmmm about 5 times a day!!!!! Who knows why, I don't.... Every time I go into the bathroom, my feet find their way to the scale and not only 1 scale but 2 scales- 1 digital and 1 dial. BUT I do have a system, I get on the digital with my left foot first, get off then get on again with my right foot. Then I get on the dial scale the same way left first then right. I had my husband hide the scales a few weeks ago, BUT wouldn't he know not to hide them in the closet under his clothes- HELLO I fold and put up the laundry!!!! SO they came back out for a while, then I thought let's try this again, so he hid them in my daughter's room UNDER the bed.... HELLO I clean under the bed!!! So now I don't hide them anymore they are back home in the bathroom. I know I am mental, but one thing about it is if I continue to see results at the scale (and I know that you weigh more in the afternoons and evenings then the mornings) then I continue to work harder at the gym and make better choices, but those few days that I didn't weigh myself I couldn't stay accountable and I gained 2 lbs. So hey what ever works!!!! I just hope no one else is as mental as I.

Sorry so lengthy!!!

OK everyone get ready to FREAK OUT and call me CRAZY!!!! I weight ummmmm about 5 times a day!!!!! Who knows why, I don't.... Every time I go into the bathroom, my feet find their way to the scale and not only 1 scale but 2 scales- 1 digital and 1 dial. BUT I do have a system, I get on the digital with my left foot first, get off then get on again with my right foot. Then I get on the dial scale the same way left first then right. I had my husband hide the scales a few weeks ago, BUT wouldn't he know not to hide them in the closet under his clothes- HELLO I fold and put up the laundry!!!! SO they came back out for a while, then I thought let's try this again, so he hid them in my daughter's room UNDER the bed.... HELLO I clean under the bed!!! So now I don't hide them anymore they are back home in the bathroom. I know I am mental, but one thing about it is if I continue to see results at the scale (and I know that you weigh more in the afternoons and evenings then the mornings) then I continue to work harder at the gym and make better choices, but those few days that I didn't weigh myself I couldn't stay accountable and I gained 2 lbs. So hey what ever works!!!! I just hope no one else is as mental as I.

Sorry so lengthy!!!

You are so funny!! :lol:

I did the same thing.. had my husband take control of the scales. As you can see in my picture, he is skinny as a rail, so he NEVER weighs. Sometimes he hides the scales in the house, and sometimes he takes them to work. He brings them home (or unhides them) on Fridays for me to weigh.

Works great for me, because I am one of those addictive personalities that would weigh multiple times a day if the scales were accessible.

I have a tall/skinny husband too Paula, he is 6'4 and weighs 200lbs, I am 5'4 and weigh 203 shows what a difference a foot in height makes... lol

I can't wait till I'm skinny too!

Sorry so lengthy!!!

You crack me up Cindy, but good for you- you know what's working for you and it's keeping you accountable and you're seeing results so keep it up babe!

I don't even own a scale at home. When I moved 4 years ago into our new house mine broke.....I started to buy another one but it depressed me everytime I got on the dawg-gone thing so I said - well I just won't replace it. So when I started the banding process, I started weighing at work. They have these really huge digital scales for the patients and they are very accurate. So, since I only work 2 days a week I usually only weigh then - but just one of those 2 days. I am working tomorrow and have not weighed since last Thursday. I am so dreading it....I feel like I have gained a couple of pounds. But....only 2.5weeks until my first fill.

To those of you getting your first fill this week - please post your experience ASAP....we can't wait to find out how it goes.

Weighed today! I am so excited, I didn't gain any weight this week even though I thought I did, I actually lost 1lb. I work again next Friday and Saturday...so I guess I won't weigh again till then.

Here's something fun for you scale junkies...

Celebrity Weighing Scale - OK, we don't recommend that you toss your REGULAR scale for this one, but check it out. Instead of seeing your weight in actual numbers, you'll get to gauge your weight compared to famous people, animals, puppets and more -- like Dr. Ruth, Mister Ed, Fozzie Bear and Gary Coleman. We kid you not. Yeah, it's silly -- but think of all the fun you'll have with your friends, family and pets!

2456scale.jpg