Chicken Tortilla Soup

bandgroupie

I started my soups today (day 10-post op)with this recipe. I just want to say...I could kiss the lady who posted it. It is yummy in my tummy. I have not had any problems with the liquid phase, but it is nice to have something with a nice rich taste. Now if I can keep my hubby out of it.

Yumm! I'm going to try this too, but you're leaving the chilis out, right?

Hey Jill, No chili's and I have been straining the cream of chicken soup, it has a few chicken bits.

This is heaven on earth...right now anyway!

No kidding--I'm loving the soups!!! I'm going to rotate between the Pacific Organic Roasted Red Pepper & tomato and the Pacific Organic Creamy Butternut Squash soups. I added Splenda brown sugar to the squash and it's wonderful!

Hey, we're more than 1/2 way done with the liquid diet--10 days to go--woohoo!

This looks awesome! Totally going into my recipe box and onto my list for next week!

Just made this--I used medium enchilada sauce because I love my spicy foods! It is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made a double batch and I know it's going to be a staple for the rest of my liquid days.....

• 3 months later...

I made this today for lunch for my family. It was AMAZING! It is very hard to just have one serving though. I made it with Cream of Chicken, Cheddar Cheese Soup, Skim Milk, Chicken Breast, Tortilla Chips, Enchilada Sauce and Sour Cream and Chopped Avocado on top. This is definitely an amazing soup. I already had requests to keep all the ingredients on hand at home at all times!

Here is a photo:

ChickenEnchiladaSoup.jpg

• 4 months later...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!!

Thank you so much for adding this! I soooooo needed this last night and it helped tremendously! I couldn't take the broth's anymore or cream of blah-ness anymore either. I was feeling hungry and the thickness of this soup relieved it. And it tasted really good, I put the whole can of enchilada sauce in ^_^ it was YUMMY!!!!

Thanks again