Do you have to wait the whole 6 weeks before a fill

I see alot of you are already sched. for a fill and you all have been banded after me. When I called the center they said I had to wait th ewhole 6 weeks. I am eating everything on my plate I have no problem getting anything down. I lost 17 pounds after surgery I so don't want to gain it back. Somebody tell me something please :blink:

You can book/schedule a fill anytime (even on the day of your surgery) but the date you choose must be 6-8 weeks after your surgery date... During that period your body is healing so getting a fill early would only increase your risk of band slippage and complications.

If you are really starving and don't want to gain weight back prior to your first fill a lot of people adopt a modified version of the pre-op diet replacing a meal or two with a protein shake or a large salad with spray dressing to help you from re-gaining the weight you have worked so hard to lose!!

We all have gone through this phase so we know you're feeling terrible, but you can't risk the safety of your band by getting filled too early!!

I booked my fill before I went for my surgery. I knew the date of my surgery and knew that I would be back in the States during a particular week (which was 7 weeks post-op) so I booked my first fill for that time. When Dr. Ortiz talked to me (just before my surgery) and told me that it would be best to come back to the OCC for my fills, I told him it was already arranged.