Pre-op Testing on Sundays

If you're arriving on a Sunday for Monday banding, does the OCC do the pre-op testing on Sunday or Monday morning? I'm wondering because I'm not sure when I'm suppose to start fasting. I get banded Monday, 4/21. WOOHOO! I'm arriving around 1:00 pm on Sunday. I know, it's a hell of a time to ask...the day before I leave! My friend and I are both being banded and she believes they'll do the testing Monday morning and has plans to continue drinking her liquids through Sunday. I'm the anal one and don't want to screw up on these pre-ops. With my luck, I'll fast and find out the test won't be until Monday. I hate it when she's right!

Anyone have the experience?

Barb

If you're arriving on a Sunday for Monday banding, does the OCC do the pre-op testing on Sunday or Monday morning? I'm wondering because I'm not sure when I'm suppose to start fasting. I get banded Monday, 4/21. WOOHOO! I'm arriving around 1:00 pm on Sunday. I know, it's a hell of a time to ask...the day before I leave! My friend and I are both being banded and she believes they'll do the testing Monday morning and has plans to continue drinking her liquids through Sunday. I'm the anal one and don't want to screw up on these pre-ops. With my luck, I'll fast and find out the test won't be until Monday. I hate it when she's right!

Anyone have the experience?

Barb

Hi Barb,

The OCC is closed on Sundays so they will do your pre-op tests and surgery on the same day, this is the way I had mine done and it was super easy!! You guys will be great, best of luck to you both!!

I arrived on Sunday for surgery on Monday. You just have everything done the same day. Mrs Ortiz will take you all to the clinic. Then Claudia will do your paperwork and call you back indivually to each pre-op person. They do seem to have a predetermined order of surgery...I don't know if anyone else knows what it is---maybe by who scheduled first?......you will then go to your room and wait for surgery. Remember that this is all on their time schedule....it is not like here in the states where they run you through like cattle. They take their time and talk to you. So, the wait may be long. I didn't get a room until after noon and surgery was about 4 or 4:30........I didn't mind; I was taken care of the whole time! Best of Luck to you!!!!

Well thanks ladies for that information....when the liquid shakes are all you're having, you start looking forward to them in lieu of food. At least we can enjoy our Sunday in Mexico, take a strawberry shake, pour it into a Margarita glass and pretend. We can deal with Monday, when Monday comes!

Talk to you next week after I've joined the Band.

Barb