Packing extra weight around

A couple of weeks before my surgery I was walking up the stairs to get to my office at work. It's only one floor up with about 5 stairs, a platform and about 15 more stairs. Usually the stairs don't bother me too much but I do feel it in my knees by the time I get to the top. This day I was carrying my briefcase, my laptop, my purse and a bunch of other stuff. Probably at least about 30 - 35 lbs in total. By the time I got to my office I thought I was going to die!! My back, legs, shoulders, knees and arms were killing me. I plopped down in my chair to rest and thought... WAIT A MINUTE.... (at that time) I was like 70 lbs overweight. The weight I packed up that day was like half the excess weight I carry up those stairs every day. Imagine what life will be like when you drop all that excess baggage you're packing around. For some of us that's like packing around one or two large pieces of fully packed luggage all day. I'm looking forward to the day when the heaviest thing I carry up those stairs is my purse and not my butt! I'll be running those stairs. ...and I plan to do it in heels and a classy new wardrobe.

I LOVED WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY. I KEEP THINKING... I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I AM NOT THE FAT FRIEND. OR THE BIGGEST ONE AT WORK. AND I CAN GO IN ANY STORE AND BUY THAT HOT OUTFIT THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A CURTAIN. I AM WITH YA THERE ALL THE WAY. LETS GO MARCHING ON !!!MOMONAMISSION

You know thats funny cause Dr. Ortiz asked what my weight loss goal was and when I told him 140 pounds he said it was as if I was carrying around a dumbbell with weights on each side totalling the 140 pounds. I'm with you on the hot outfit as well....cant wait!!!!

I LOVED WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY. I KEEP THINKING... I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I AM NOT THE FAT FRIEND. OR THE BIGGEST ONE AT WORK. AND I CAN GO IN ANY STORE AND BUY THAT HOT OUTFIT THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A CURTAIN. I AM WITH YA THERE ALL THE WAY. LETS GO MARCHING ON !!!MOMONAMISSION

Momonamission I know what you mean. Everytime I am at work meetings I look around and find myself the heaviest in the room. (I work with a bunch of health conscious, golf nuts). Also, I used to love to sew and I quit doing it because I couldn't stand making 'big girl' clothes. Everything had to be baggy in the waist (so it didn't show my tummy rolls) and increased in the thighs and calves (I have large legs, especially at the knees). Yesterday I found myself in the Fabric store and I'm excited to sew again. I can't wait until I can make myself tailored suits and maybe one day, even a dress. I haven't worn a dress in years and years!!!! March on Mom. I'm there with ya!!! :lb25:

You know thats funny cause Dr. Ortiz asked what my weight loss goal was and when I told him 140 pounds he said it was as if I was carrying around a dumbbell with weights on each side totalling the 140 pounds. I'm with you on the hot outfit as well....cant wait!!!!

Well you on your way! You're doing great! 17 lbs down that you'll NEVER see again.

The Redhead, the most amazing thing is how it makes me feel like jumping around the house and smiling about it all day. I know it is still gonna take alot of hard work on my end but for once I feel the rewards are better if that makes since.

A couple of weeks before my surgery I was walking up the stairs to get to my office at work. It's only one floor up with about 5 stairs, a platform and about 15 more stairs. Usually the stairs don't bother me too much but I do feel it in my knees by the time I get to the top. This day I was carrying my briefcase, my laptop, my purse and a bunch of other stuff. Probably at least about 30 - 35 lbs in total. By the time I got to my office I thought I was going to die!! My back, legs, shoulders, knees and arms were killing me. I plopped down in my chair to rest and thought... WAIT A MINUTE.... (at that time) I was like 70 lbs overweight. The weight I packed up that day was like half the excess weight I carry up those stairs every day. Imagine what life will be like when you drop all that excess baggage you're packing around. For some of us that's like packing around one or two large pieces of fully packed luggage all day. I'm looking forward to the day when the heaviest thing I carry up those stairs is my purse and not my butt! I'll be running those stairs. ...and I plan to do it in heels and a classy new wardrobe.

Yur HILARIOUS! I totally agree with you all and can't wait to run upstairs without panting! :lb13: great job on the post-op weightloss!

I would jump around the house, too, but like an elephant, I cannot jump for the bulk. (Just Kidding... jumping hurts my knees.)

I remember the last time I lost 112 pounds I had one of my sixth graders come stand beside me.. one that weighed 112 pounds. My class was amazed.. they had watched the progress all year, and like me, didn't realize the drastic change because they saw me every day.

I can only imagine putting that child on my back and going up and down stairs. That is worse than what they do on The Biggest Loser!

Visuals are amazing.

Whoo-Hooo! With me it isn't the stairs, I want to be able to hike UPHILL and look sexy doing it!! :D

That is worse than what they do on The Biggest Loser!

That was always my favorite part/challenge of the biggest loser, when they used weighted vests that weigh as much as they have lost to simulate the weight they used to be carrying on their bodies... For anyone that's feeling down about only losing 10 or 20lbs go to the sporting goods aisle at Walmart and pick up a 10lb or 20lb dumbbell you'll be shocked at how heavy it is!!