>>>>>EATING>>>>>

Hi Everyone,

Would like to know what you are eating on a daily basis. Some of you are talking about still having shakes once you are off of your liquid diet phase. I thought Dr. Miranada said when we start eating that we should not use the shakes. Getting confused and not losing weight since banded. I know this happens to alot of us, but I had no trouble losing pre op. Would love to hear what some of you are doing that you are really losing at a steady pace, even before getting filled. Also, how much exercise are you all doing?

Thanks!

I'm still pre-op by 2 weeks, but for the last 6 weeks I've been following the diet with the one shake in the morning and Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner.

The one thing I've learned from eating the frozen dinners was portion control. Last night was the first time I cooked in 6 weeks - I live alone so it makes it easy - and I was able to portion it out to about the size of the frozen dinner and I did just fine.

So, maybe if you could get you a few Lean Cuisines or Weight Watchers Smart Ones it would help.

Jena

you arent alone- that is for sure!!!! I went back to my pre-op diet (at least a few days a week) before my fill. Dr. Miranda says to avoid liquid calories..but I think that replacing a MEAL for a SHAKE is ok. Plus, I have read a lot on here that some people are so tight in the AM that they cant eat breakfast so they drink a shake. I just had my fill- about 2 weeks ago- and I still eat lean cusines sometimes--- Good luck- drink lots of water and practice putting down your fork when you feel satisfied (thats the hardest part for me!)

Good luck!

The part about not drinking shakes is for after your first fill. They want all your nutrients to be food form because the band was not designed to restrict liquid. I myself went back on shakes for 2 meals a day but that is because I haven't been filled yet and don't want to gain back what I lost so far.

I was banded on 3-25 and I have been at the same weight for a couple weeks now. I lost a total of 18lbs. between pre-op and post-op dieting. When I was on LA Weightloss a few years ago, they have a quick start program that I'm starting today. [You only do it for 2 days.] You eat as much protien and GREEN vegies as you want [in this case, as much as your band will allow, till full.] After eating the protein and vegies, save some room for a section [1\8] of cantaloupe. You can have a pat of butter on your vegies or if you have salad greens you can use that salad spritzer. The only thing is that if you eat chicken on your first day, eat chicken the rest of the day, don't mix protiens. It worked for me before and I'm doing it now to jump start my diet. I still has my coffee in the morning with skim milk and also tea in the afternoon.

My problem is grazing between meals... when I'm bored. :lb4:

I just got over a 2 week stall that was driving me crazy. Up 1/2 pound, down 1/2 pound. over and over again. After a few days of it I kept saying I'm going off of this diet! but I kept on with it. Finally this past Sunday I lost 2 1/2 pounds.

That was a long 2 weeks. <_<