Gotta get used to taking compliments

So the day before my fill my husband, son and I went to sea world...

My husband took this picture of us looking at the underwater tank:

l_1f194eeb7f8386bb2d2c8efd23532bfe.jpg

And when he was looking at the picture on the camera he said to me "Wow honey you are starting to look skinny"

My Response was: "Thank you sweetie, but everyone looks skinny standing next to Shamu"

LOL

Michelle,

You do look GREAT! Take the compliment and enjoy it!!!! I live close to Orlando and I still looked/look big at Sea World next to Shamu.....Keep up the great work! Your really are an inspiration! =D>

MICHELLE I'M JUST ROLLIN HERE PMP

REMINDS ME OF THE TIME THE OLD MAN SAID "GEEZ HON, I CAN TELL YOU'VE BEEN LOSING SOME WEIGHT". (NOW HE SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THERE BUT INSTEAD, CONTINUED, "YEAH INSTEAD OF ONE BIG ROLL, YOU GOT 4 SMALLER ROLLS" LOL

MEN LOL

That is quite a compliment with a view of the behind! :girl_haha: You look fabulous!

That's so funny Michelle.

Ahhhh that Michelle.... she's young, gorgeous, has a great sense of humor and working on a killer body. :yes:

Lol you are so sweet, but I'm really not any of those things.. :)

MICHELLE I'M JUST ROLLIN HERE PMP

REMINDS ME OF THE TIME THE OLD MAN SAID "GEEZ HON, I CAN TELL YOU'VE BEEN LOSING SOME WEIGHT". (NOW HE SHOULD HAVE STOPPED THERE BUT INSTEAD, CONTINUED, "YEAH INSTEAD OF ONE BIG ROLL, YOU GOT 4 SMALLER ROLLS" LOL

MEN LOL

Men are so funny, a fellow bandster asked her husband if sex was different since she's lost weight and he said "It's not just different, it's BETTER" It was meant to be a compliment but didn't quite come out that way! LOL

Michelle that is sooooo funny! You look amazing! You look like you are only maybe 25 pounds overweight. Either you are tall or you are working out like a demon! Or both. =D>

jena

You are sweet but I still have 55-70lbs to lose, I am only 5'4 and still over 200lbs, I think I just look thinner in some photos than others... Here's what I mean:

l_d9902cebb3c1173c9f0c8511c65f7bb9.jpg

Michelle you do look great. Even in the last pic. Just imagine what that pic would have looked like before you started the pre-op. Keep up the good work.

Yes I agree Michelle you look hott!! All of your hard work is paying off you should be very very proud of yourself. And yet again you have made a very very valid point that we are all going to have to learn to take compliments now. Girls get ready!!!

Michelle YOU are HILLARIOUS!!! I can't stop laughing about your Shamu joke!! But really you look terrific. I was reading your first fill report and I think you are right, it takes alot of self will power to lose the weight. It reminds me that the lapband is a tool and not the "miracle method" that we need to use well and it will give us HUGE results! I think you are doing a great job. I love that you post so honestly and keep us up to date regarding matters like fills, new experiences (good / bad) and just overal topic information. THANKS!

And in response on how to take a compliment, smile and say thank you sweetie. don't over analyze or rethink the sentence because then you add, the BUT and it comes out as a thanks, BUT, you really mean this which is kinda backfires the compliment. I had to learn this, actually I'm still learning this because it's hard to give yourself credit. I think it's a MOMMY thing.

Well, I truly don't see a fat girl in the pictures! You are looking good girl, just bask in the glory of it! Keep up the good work and you too will see the skinny young thing that we see.