Eating for the First time

Okay - so I will admit, I did start eating a couple days early - but waited longer than some of my OTHER bandsters!! But let's not go there. I haven't had any problems like PBing, etc. yet.

However, I do get a big lump in my throat along with some tightness pain, and I'm wondering if others have that too.

I have the 10 band, not the VG one - I haven't heard of any restriction issues with that one.

Anyways, someone on here mentioned it was my band itself, with no saline, causing restriction. Does anyone else have this?

I find if it take too big of bite, or don't chew enough, I get this sensation. If I take small bites and chew like crazy - I'm fine, with no matter what food group I try to eat.

Anyone else have this happen to them???

You shouldn't worry too much, this is what the band is supposed to do... Force you to take smaller bites and eat slowly!!

While you may think you don't have restriction since you're unfilled you must still be a little swollen and that's why you feel the food in a lump sliding down your throat... Slow down and chew well EVERYTIME and you will be fine!

Okay - so I will admit, I did start eating a couple days early - but waited longer than some of my OTHER bandsters!! But let's not go there. I haven't had any problems like PBing, etc. yet.

However, I do get a big lump in my throat along with some tightness pain, and I'm wondering if others have that too.

I have the 10 band, not the VG one - I haven't heard of any restriction issues with that one.

Anyways, someone on here mentioned it was my band itself, with no saline, causing restriction. Does anyone else have this?

I find if it take too big of bite, or don't chew enough, I get this sensation. If I take small bites and chew like crazy - I'm fine, with no matter what food group I try to eat.

Anyone else have this happen to them???

Yup that's totally normal. I had some decent restriction before my first fill and even pb'd once when I tried to eat a potsticker. Most people don't have restriction and that's normal to, but then they freak out about it so I tend to emphasize more about no restriction being normal. Consider yourself lucky since it means you won't have to police yourself quite as much to keep from gaining weight before your first fill.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

And I never thought of it as a blessing. Isn't that funny! I was jealous of my fellow bandsters who got the bigger VG band.

Now I'll just think of it as pre-op restriction - to prepare for the first fill. Boy, I can't even imagine what that is going to feel like!!

Thanks again :rolleyes: