So, I have this friend...

Ok, so it's not my friend - IT'S ME!!! ACK!!!

Since I started eating solid food, I have had the worst gas. My kids are having a field day with it. I am so uptight about gas, that if one of my kids rips one (thinking it's funny), their punishment is to stay in the bathroom for 15 minutes. They used to LOVE telling the story about the ONE TIME they witnessed their mother passing gas. (One time in 20 years - not a bad record)

I have avoided going out in public because it can be quite bad. I have avoided 'intimate situations' with the man I'm dating because I'm afraid of the humiliation.

Am I alone here?

I tried the Gas-X strips, and they did nothing but give me such horrible stomach pains, I thought I was in labor.

:heat:

LMAO! I haven't been banded yet, and quite a few foods give me gas, but I do find the GAS X helps. I did buy some of they Phazyme (?) in the states for post-op. Have you tried that?

Haaaa Haaaa... I hear you and have experienced your "pain" :bad:

Phazyme did work pretty well for me, Gas-X didn't do a thing. Honestly the BEST remedy is time.

It was awful for about 2 weeks. My BF and I had just moved in together 2 weeks before I got banded so I was like what the crap (literally) am I going to do about this?!?!?

Once my stomach was accoustomed to eating again it got better. It really helped me to walk.. walk.. walk... I swear I would burp and fart all over my neighborhood and return home in a much better mood.

That's funny about the kids.. I bet they are having a GREAT TIME with it... hahaha... !! My children, from another mother, are often at my house hanging out and are very quick to rat me out by yelling " SOMEONE STINKS!!!, WHO FARTED?" ugh... kids.

LMAO! I haven't been banded yet, and quite a few foods give me gas, but I do find the GAS X helps. I did buy some of they Phazyme (?) in the states for post-op. Have you tried that?

Hey there Allcdngirl, Phazyme is sold in Canada too. I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

LMAO......I am glad that I am not the only one who is afraid to be in public.....Phazyme works for me until afternoon...luckily by then I am home...I am a school teacher and my students would have a field day with Miss Adams farting :wacko:

How about unexpected burps/hiccups???

Every once in a while I'll let loose with a kind of hiccup mixed with a burp. I have no idea its coming and it'll just slip out. Sometimes I'm in the middle of a conversation and one of the hic-burps escapes. Sometimes it's just a plain old burp that I don't feel coming on. Any one experiencing this? The weird thing is when I want to burp I can't and when I'm trying to be polite one will slip out that would make a trucker blush. As a matter of fact the other day I let one loose and my 16 year old son figured it was a challenge. He commenced to try to out burp me. He also proudly told me his girlfriend can burp the alphabet. :wacko:

Hey all,

Sorry to hear that you are uncomfortable or ashamed of letting the air flow. Of course it isn't polite in public, but in your own house it should be ok. Your body is adjusting and healing from surgery and changes in your diet, etc. As long as you aren't messing yourself, and feel the release of pressure building up, then let'em fly. ;) It might just be me, but if I have pressure inside me and it has to come out, I don't care how. As long as it keep me feeling less bloated or tight inside. If I know they will be smelly, then I try to head for the bathroom or a corner somewhere with a can of air freshener in hand...LOL

Or, sit in a chair(like at work sometimes), and when the pressure builds, I lean forward and let it go. ;)

Peace,

Judy

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone!

I was trying to find an answer on lapbandtalk, and when the question was brought up, it seemed everyone that answered would say they never had gas. I really started freaking out wondering if I was going to have to live with this (I CAN'T!) - and if it was only me.

I was in my office last night - and my kids came in to tell me goodnight, and my 15 year old daughter walked in about two feet, plugged her nose and walked back out complaining that "it smells like farts in here". I wanted to die. I can't help it! I have had to let them out in public and then quickly walk away. I have been so disgusted with myself! I feel like one of those gross old men who plays "pull my finger"!!!! ACK!!!!

I guess I'll try the phazyme and hope that helps. Thanks so much for the responses! It makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one... I just hope it stops soon.

If I ever need a good smile or laugh, I come here! You ladies are fantastic!

Well my turn...I have been suffering terrible gas pains with the flu over the past couple of days...and after 18 years of marriage...all my husband can say to muscial interlude in the bathroom this morning is....."I bet I can beat that!". LOL!!

Have a fabulous day ladies....and don't worry about being musical, that's life!!

Take care Cathy

So I went to the grocery store and bought some Phazyme (or however you spell it), and about 20 minutes after taking it, I noticed that I wasn't gassy anymore. It's been about 3 hours, and no gas. Seriously, I couldn't go 15 minutes without passing gas before!

I'm sorry to be laying it all out there like that - but it's what I've been dealing with for the past 2 weeks.

So hooray for Phazyme! And thanks to those who recommended it... now I'm gonna have the call the new guy and invite him over. Finally. Heh.

So I went to the grocery store and bought some Phazyme (or however you spell it), and about 20 minutes after taking it, I noticed that I wasn't gassy anymore. It's been about 3 hours, and no gas. Seriously, I couldn't go 15 minutes without passing gas before!

I'm sorry to be laying it all out there like that - but it's what I've been dealing with for the past 2 weeks.

So hooray for Phazyme! And thanks to those who recommended it... now I'm gonna have the call the new guy and invite him over. Finally. Heh.

Bebe,

Don't apologize, we are all going to experience this at some point. Glad the Phazyme is working...I'll have to get some before I have to move out! LOL!!

Take care, Cathy

OMG! I am sittin' here laughlin my "a" off....... I was afraid to say anything, but I confess I feel like a horse; (if you've riden a horse you know what I'm talking about) walkin' n' fartin'. I'm glad I'm not alone. I will have to go buy some of that stuff as well. I'm glad we can share these things here. You guys are funny!

You know, I used to read this forum for the information, but now I just come for the laughs! Too funny. My son's wondering what the hell is so funny, and why I'm laughing out loud! I just can't wait until I'm banded and can share my "f" stories! I could probably share a few now, but I'll spare you. I had my gall bladder out when I was 19, so I blame it on that. I laugh whenever I hear Larry the Cable Guy's "Walking Farts" story. Just kills me! Take care all.. hope you don't keep any gasoline in your house! :unsure: