Your opinion or .....

Okay... I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time making this decision. I'm being banded on Thurs. May 15th. I am flying down on Weds., May 14th. Now... here's my dilemma: Do I take a really early flight (getting up at 4:00 am) arrive at San Diego airport at 9:40 am.. and either hope to get banded that same day, and be able to relax at the hotel around the pool all day Thurs/Fri, go home Saturday. Or... do I take a later flight... arrive in San Diego at 1:40, and kind of spend the day doing whatever, and get banded Thursday, and only have Friday around the pool, as I'm flying home Saturday. Hmm.. 1st choice sounds better, but 4:00 am.. is pretty early, seeings how I'm so not a morning person. What are your thoughts? Keeping in mind that if I do take the later flight, that's a long time fasting. :wacko:

Okay... I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time making this decision. I'm being banded on Thurs. May 15th. I am flying down on Weds., May 14th. Now... here's my dilemma: Do I take a really early flight (getting up at 4:00 am) arrive at San Diego airport at 9:40 am.. and either hope to get banded that same day, and be able to relax at the hotel around the pool all day Thurs/Fri, go home Saturday. Or... do I take a later flight... arrive in San Diego at 1:40, and kind of spend the day doing whatever, and get banded Thursday, and only have Friday around the pool, as I'm flying home Saturday. Hmm.. 1st choice sounds better, but 4:00 am.. is pretty early, seeings how I'm so not a morning person. What are your thoughts? Keeping in mind that if I do take the later flight, that's a long time fasting. :wacko:

TAKE THE EARLIER FLIGHT, YOUR GOING TO BE SO EXCITED THAT YOUR NOT GOING TO SLEEP ANYWAY :)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

I arrived at the SD airport around noon on Thursday. By the time I got to the clinic it was close to 2. The pre-op's and everything else it was 3, while I was getting my blood drawn Dr. Ortiz came over and asked me if I wanted to be banded today. Myself and Sara (tatts) were both banded Thursday. My advice would be take the later flight eat 7 hours before your plane is suppose to land in SD (because it took about one hour to get luggage and across the border) and then after you get there see if they have room to band you. I had a semi-private room, if you don't mind that you should be golden. Although, the very sweet nurses slept on either side of me and it was a little noisy. :rolleyes: So I was up walking at 4am, glaring at the closed doors of the other ladies there. :D

That is just my advice, good luck with whatever you choose. :-h

Brook

Wow... thanks for your quick replies. A couple of different suggestions. Has anyone confirmed that if you offer to share a semi-private room, that the cost of surgery is a little cheaper?

I paid for a private room. After, when I had a semi-private, I called Carolyn and she is sending me a $250 refund. Honestly, I would do semi-private again because the $250 is going to be my plane ride back for my fill..... Unless you request a semi-private you will get a private. It was a little more noisy (snoring) but I got to talk to more ladies... :lol:

I saved $500 by taking a semi private room. It was no big deal not to have a private room. If I wasn't visiting with my buddies, I was either in the O.R. or snoring :):)

I arrived early the day before my scheduled surgery but basically was the last one to get her blood work done. I practically had to demand that my blood work be taken that day. Ok, not practically, I did have to demand it!! And I have no idea what the method to their madness is as to the schedule of the surgeries..... I'm not sure there is a method :) Look at it this way. Someone has to be first and someone has to be last. <shrug>:)

Congratulations on making the decision to be banded ;)

Wow... thanks for your quick replies. A couple of different suggestions. Has anyone confirmed that if you offer to share a semi-private room, that the cost of surgery is a little cheaper?

My decision to go a day early was so I could have my last meal be an authentic mexican meal because I LOVE Mexican food!

So, I arrived on Sunday morning (had to get up at 4 to get my flight) got to SD at 10:40 am and had the whole day to eat my Mexican food and went to Rosarito beach that day too! I slept fine that night, although very excited. And I only had to fast overnight while I was sleeping.

Just some food for thought, LOL!!

Hey there .. I thought I responded to your question last night but apparently my response didn't show up.

When I called to schedule my surgery I was anxious to have it done as early as possible. On the days I asked for, they had a semi private room available and was offered it at that savings. I jumped on it. I confirmed first that the other person who had the only other semi private room was a female. Now I know that wouldn't have really mattered.

If you have any questions, message me.

Band Groupie... did you request a semi-private room ahead of time? Just wondering why you saved double?? That's cool.