Any couples banded together?

My husband and I are getting banded on May 19th. I am just wondering if any one else and their significant other had it done on the same day?

I'm already kind of nervous about the surgery and complications, but add on my husband having surgery too. OMG!! I am hoping that since we are doing this together we will be supportive of each other in regards to the huge diet and lifestyle change. My worst fear is we will be wanting to kill each other because we are hungry and moody :wacko:

Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

My husband and I are getting banded on May 19th. I am just wondering if any one else and their significant other had it done on the same day?

I'm already kind of nervous about the surgery and complications, but add on my husband having surgery too. OMG!! I am hoping that since we are doing this together we will be supportive of each other in regards to the huge diet and lifestyle change. My worst fear is we will be wanting to kill each other because we are hungry and moody :wacko:

Would love to hear from you. Thanks.

My wife and I are both banded. We weren't banded on the same day, but I was banded in March of 2007 and she was banded in Septmber of 2007. She saw my results and then jumped on board the band wagon. I guess I was the guinea pig.

So after your wife was banded, did you find it helpful in keeping with the diet?

You know,, that's a question I've been ask before,, and it was just recently. How coincidental. LOL. I think were each on our "own mission",, she can eat different things that I can't and the same goes for me. Being banded makes me not think of being on a diet and I don't look at it as being on a diet,, just restricted in the amounts I can eat. I'm not the poster boy for banding,, I can eat whatever I want,, just not very much of it. I exercise daily and this really helps the weight loss process. So,, I would say for you to not look at banding as being on a "DIET" just a tool for portion controll.

I am really glad my husband and I are experiencing banded life together. It means we are (usually) moving in the same direction and understand what is going on with each other. Neither of us had any problems recovering from surgery and were up and walking around within a couple of hours of surgery.

Good luck and best wishes on your embarking on a new life together.